go-time

after school ended, josh lead us to a park where a group of intimidating teenagers were waiting.

without saying a single word, he gave what looked like the leader some money and the group took turns making calls signing their 'children', us, up for the afterschool 'learning tree' club.

when they finished, we returned to our school's front office, josh let his little roach loose, and we met up with the club of rich entitled children with shitty parents. if josh was right about our school, and he wasn't, i did not want to stick around to find out what goes on in this club. that's a mystery for another day.

we did rock paper scissors for who would ask to use the restroom, josh won, and when the teacher wasn't looking the other two of us left to follow him. we met up at the bathroom.

"so, what are we actually trying to accomplish here??" i asked josh, finally realizing how absolutely ridiculous this is.

he gestured for us to follow him into a stall, brendon made a gay joke, and josh pulled out a piece of paper from his pocket.

"okay, in the afternoon, there's 6 hall monitors. on  afternoons, there's 4 because the only people in the building are clubs. on tuesday afternoons, there's only two because the only club scheduled on tuesdays is the learning tree. their names are madison and j-"

"it's monday."

"what?"

"josh, it's monday." 

 we returned to the club room suspiciously late and wasted our afternoon. we'd have to return tomorrow.