Leaving

3rd pov to start

It was well known, anywhere, really, that Danny Phantom is a hero. He helped save the world, and he did it with no reason - or at least, no reason to the ghost researchers - and that just makes him a greater hero for it. Everyone also knows that Phantom has been in the business since he was younger, most estimate a good 6 years. He had certainly gotten better at fighting, and he had his fair share of mishaps. However, no one could deny he was a hero.

Except, that's all Amity seemed to do. Phantom took down a ghost, or stopped a kid from walking across the road when a car is coming, or just patrolling in the sky, the citizens will stop to watch, or glare, or utter curses, even hatred at the hero. The town was always a little messed up after a battle with a ghost, or the little girl always hugged the hero - which most people thought would end up hurting the girl - or they'd see him patrolling and assume that he was planning his attack or scouring his haunt, whichever, and immediately start to hate him more for protecting them out of selfishness.

What many forgot is that ghosts are literally creatures made from emotions - even if scientists then ignore this and claim they feel no pain, no emotion - and thus they can sense and even feed off of emotion around them. Phantom could feel all the hatred, the loathing, the  greed from the people of his town, all directed at him, and it was weakening him. He thrived off of good emotions, never feeding off the bad, and all that had been directed and floating in the city recently, had been bad.

The only ones to see how badly this way weighing on Danny, was Sam, Tucker and Jazz. They knew how much this town was hurting him, and they also knew there was nothing they could do. Of course they were there when it became too much, or if he needed back up, and such, but that was only the aftermath, they had no influence to stop the continuous actions leading up to the aftermath. It all got to be too much one night, after having fought the Ghost Box at least 10 times, Skulker twice, Technus at least three times and having Walker interfere with returning the ghosts to the zone once, Danny was done. he decided it was time to leave.

He went from ghost to human, and set on the floor, his feet making a muted sound, before heaving a weighted sigh. He drags his hands along the walls, reminiscing as he goes, finally reaching his room, where he grabs three pieces of papers. He writes notes to his three pillars of support, and then sets them on each of their beds. He packs a bag, after returning to his room, taking clothes, toiletry and a few sentimental stuff. He quietly leaves the house, and sets out flying towards the border. The faster he leaves the better.

He had only been going for a few minutes, when his ghost sense goes off and he stops, just in time as Plasmius appears in front of him.

"Where are you going, young lad?"

"I'm... leaving. I won't survive if I stay here, Vlad, you know that a well as I, and it will only be a matter of time. I can't keep doing this. I'm not one to give up, but even I can tell when it's a lost cause. Vlad, what am I supposed to do? I saved the world, the other superheroes acknowledge me, but the citizens, all they feel for me is hatred. They won't feel any happiness or gratitude near me, and it's weakening me. I can't help a town, if the citizens don't want me to help. So, please, just let me go."

His voice had grown softer the further he got, until he's barely whispering, the only thing letting Vlad hear him being his ghost hearing. He knew it was taking a toll on the boy, but to this amount? He knew, however, exactly what to do.

"I was recently sent an email by an old friend. He has a job he can't seem to get anybody to keep, since everyone hates it, or says they feel watched. Would you be willing to take it?"

"Vlad?"

"All it requires is some muscle and a lot of endurance for being alone for long periods of time. Would you be able to do that?"