| Chapter 3 |

I sit in my seat in chemistry class, bored out of my mind. I begin to add detail to my doodle of Ben as I completely ignore the professor's blabbering. Just as I draw in my fiancé's eyelashes, the one-handed wonder waltzes into the classroom acting as if he owns the place. I roll my eyes and bring my attention back to my drawing. However, to my dismay, Harry chooses to sit right beside me, and breathes down my neck as I continue to ignore him and focus on my drawing. He glanced at my paper and scoffs.

         "Why are you wasting your time drawing Benny-Boo when you can draw the gorgeous pirate right next to you instead?" Harry whispers into my ear. I think he's joking at first but when I take a glance at him, I realize he's actually being serious.

         "Do you have memory loss or something? Or are you just dumb? Because you're going around acting as if our messy breakup never even happened." I mutter under my breath, so the professor wouldn't be able to hear me.

          "Well lassie, why focus on the past when we can focus on how much fun we can have in the future?" The pirate smirks at me.

          "If this behaviour of your's continues, that 'fun' will include you rotting in a jail cell, and me laughing at you from the other side with 'Benny-Boo' as you call him." I say back to him, as his face pales.

          "Ok...Chill, bonnie." Harry mutters in reply. 'What the hell is a bonnie?' I think to myself. I act as if I totally know what that is, so I look smart. The rest of the class passes by with Harry burning lasers into the side of my face. Every once in a while he looks down at my page for some odd reason. Probably to check if I'm drawing him. No luck for him there.

          After class is over, I have a spare period. I drop by Ben's office to see how he's doing with all the work involving the new VKs.

          "Hey Mal," he says as I walk inside. "How are Uma, Harry and Gil settling in? They're in most of your classes right?"

          "Oh. My. God. Don't even mention Harry Hook. He's getting on my nerves!" I exclaim, exasperated.

          "Why? What happened?" Ben asked.

          "Well, he keeps advancing on me, and he won't stop no matter what I say!"

          "What? He knows you're with me..." Ben says with a hint of annoyance and insecurity in his voice.

          "Yeah, of course he does. But he just thinks he has a chance because we dated back on the isl-"

          "You what?! And you never told me?" Ben exclaims.

          "Chill Ben. It isn't that big of a deal."

          "No. I think it's a very big deal that my fiancé's ex is pursuing her again and she didn't even bother to tell me until now!" he retorts.

          "It just never came up," I add quickly to stop him from getting any angrier. He sometimes went full beast when he got mad, and I hate to admit it, but it's kind of scary.

          "Okay, so let me get this straight. You dated a pirate on the Isle, and when he comes to Auradon, helps save it, and then pursues you again, you don't even bother to tell me!?" Ben cried out, raising his voice.

          "Well I'm sorry I didn't let you know about every detail of my love life that happened before meeting you! Why do you care anyway? You dated Audrey! And why would you say 'pirate' like that? Like the word is sour in your mouth? They're human too, and you're treating them as if they're scum on your shoe, when they saved Auradon! You're supposed to be an unbiased king, but right now, you're more of a prejudiced beast," I yell, already leaving the room and slamming the door behind me. I can't stand to see his face any longer.