| Chapter 9 |

I walk to Enchanted Lake, holding various baskets of food that I brought with me for a picnic with Ben. The baskets were filled with everything from peanut butter and jelly sandwiches (Ben's favourite) to fresh Gala apples (my favourite). I had gotten the food just yesterday, as a fresh shipment came into Auradonian Aisles, the most popular grocery store in the land.

          Just as I reached the stone pavilion where I was supposed to meet Ben, I heard a voice behind me.

          "Hey princess," Ben says affectionately. I set the baskets of food down and go over to hug him.

          "I brought your favourite, Benny Boo. Peanut butter and jelly!" I squealed.

          Ben awkwardly laughs. "Please never say that again... I thought you would stop calling me that after we broke up the first time," he states.

          "Oh, don't remind me of those horrid times," I say with a sigh. We walk over to the baskets of food and unravel the folded picnic blanket that I brought with them. We start eating, and Ben wolfs down at least 4 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I look for my Gala apples, but they are nowhere to be found. I guess I forgot them. That's odd, I distinctly remember putting them in a basket. Oh well. I continue to laugh and talk with Ben, and we finish most of the food.

          "Well, Audrey, this was so great. But, I have a council meeting in 15 minutes that I can't miss," Ben says apologetically.

          "Oh, that's okay. Go to your meeting! I'll see you later," I reply, kissing his cheek.

          As Ben hurries back to the castle, I gather the remaining food and fold the picnic blanket. As I do this, I see the Gala apples at the bottom of a tiny basket. I could swear they weren't there before, I checked and double-checked. Well, that means more for me when I get back home! I grab everything and make my way back home to the Fairy Cottage.

          Once I get back to Fairy Cottage, I sit on my bed, writing in my diary about the picnic with Ben. Beside me are the unfinished Gala apples. I take a bite out of one, and it tastes sour. My face scrunches up, and I set the apple down beside me. I would have to have a chat with Bobby from Auradon Aisles. He promised me that these were the freshest apples they had! My stomach felt weird and I started developing a terrible headache, so I put my diary away and layed on my bed. Maybe some sleep would make me feel better.

          I'm having lunch alone under my favourite tree in the front courtyard, sitting under the cooling shade

          I'm having lunch alone under my favourite tree in the front courtyard, sitting under the cooling shade. Evie and Carlos are both out on a double date with their significant others, and Jay is doing God knows what. I don't mind being on my own, it is nice to have some peace and quiet sometimes. Just as I finish my strawberry parfait and open my bag of cucumber slices (which are not as good as strawberries but are still so good), I see a certain hooked hand with an odd-looking stopper waving me over the table where Uma and Gil were sitting. I warily pack up my things and walk over. It hasn't been long since Harry and I broke up, so I'm not sure why he's calling me to his table.