| Chapter 4 |

After days upon days of searching, I have finally found it! The precious golden flower, hidden in the deep, dark forests of Corona. Now I can use it to keep my youth forever! The only thing I have to do now is steal that insipid, purple-haired freak's magic, so I can protect that flower from ever being damaged in the future. Carefully placing the flower in my satchel, I make my way down the treacherous mountain I had to climb for my prize. Back to Auradon, where I will meet up with Hans and steal magical artifacts from Auradon's museum.

          I throw my head back against the tree trunk, trying to zone out Jay's incessant blabbering about tourney and how the team is doing good, and how they're going to totally obliterate the opposing team this year

          I throw my head back against the tree trunk, trying to zone out Jay's incessant blabbering about tourney and how the team is doing good, and how they're going to totally obliterate the opposing team this year. I love talking to him, really, but I just hate it when he goes on and on about tourney or any of his other teams. As I'm staring off into the distance, I see a certain pirate coming over to where Jay and I are sitting. Once Jay follows my line of vision, he immediately gets up and says some lame excuse about how he needs to go pet Dude, before he leaves.

          "Hi Mal," Harry says with a smirk. Why is he always smirking like some smug psychopath?

          "Hey Harry," I say with a sigh. Well, I can't walk away now, so I might as well chat. I've got nothing better to do anyways. When I take a glance at him however, I notice that he has a huge black eye!

          "Oh my god, Harry! Who did this to you?" I say as I carefully touch his face and brush the hair out of his swollen eye.

          "It doesn't matter, love. I'm fine and that's all that matters. So please, let it go, will you?" Harry adds with a bit of a sassy tone, almost as if he's annoyed at something or someone.

          "Fine. I'm just worried if you're hurt, and you decide to get all defensive? Okay then," I retort.

          "Aww, does Mal care about me?" He says with a baby-ish voice, and boops me on the nose. I immediately scrunch it up.

          "You look cute when you do that," Harry says softly. I blush. Why am I blushing?! He strokes a strand of my hair behind my ear with his hook. I feel like there is some sort of force, pulling us together. Fate? Destiny? Residual love? Whatever you call it, it was there and it was working. We both start leaning in, and then it happens. We kiss. It feels amazing at first, nothing like what I feel with Ben. Everything that we used to feel for each other comes rushing back, and it feels like I'm falling in love with him all over again. But then I remember the pain, and the heartbreak, and the tears. I harshly push him away. He looks hurt and disappointed, but I shake my head and look away as I get up to leave. He grabs my wrist.

          "Where are you going? What happened?" Harry asks, concerned.

          "I'm sorry, I can't do this. Not again," I say as I pull my hand away from his, and walk away, towards the school. As I'm swiftly walking in the halls, Ben grabs me by the elbow.