Minamahal II

Days passed and Alice endured everything. Her coughing worsened but nobody knew about it, except her Doctor, Manager, and RM, of course. She grew pale and weak but she tried to conceal it as much as she can. When asked if she is sick, she’ll just say it’s some other common condition or that she’s just tired.

One day, at a commercial shoot with her best friend, she coughed so hard. Good thing her handkerchief was ready. Unbeknownst to Alice, Dana noticed blood on it while putting her handkerchief inside her pocket. After they wrapped up, Dana asked Alice to have some coffee to which the latter obliged. Alice tried everything to make herself look okay because she does not want everyone to worry about her.

Dana did not bring Alice to a coffee shop like what she expected. Instead, Dana took Alice to her condo. As her best friend, Dana knew when Alice has a problem and when she needs someone to talk to. She also needed to confront her best friend about what she saw earlier.

Dana gave Alice some coffee like what she promised. When she also sat on the sofa, she started her inquisition.
At first, Alice did not want Dana to know because she might tell Sheki. But being her trusty best friend she told her everything. She told her what she had been enduring since she knew. She cried. The coffee forgotten. Dana being there to comfort her.

“Bes, ayaw mo bang sabihin kay Sheki? Masasaktan yun pag mas lalo mong tinago.”

“Ayoko, Bes. Ayokong mag-alala sila. Stressed na rin yun sa trabaho, dadagdag pa ba ako?” Alice said in between sobs.

“Pero, Bes. Asawa mo yun. Kailangan mo din naman siya. Paano na ang mga anak niyo?” Dana trying to convince Alice to let Sheki know.

“Ayoko nga, Bes. Baka in time, pero di pa ngayon,” Alice said with finality.

Dana sighed. “Ikaw bahala. Basta nandito lang ako.”

Alice thanked Dana and reminded her not to tell Sheki nor her wife, Jem.

Alice adjusted her face mask and got ready as their plane was about to land. She felt a hand on her shoulder and looked at the person who nodded with reassurance. She nodded back. She closed her eyes for a while until the flight attendant announced that the doors are open and they can now disembark.

The wind was extra chilly tonight. Alice rubbed her hands and breathed some warm air into it. She took everything in.

“Bes, pasok na tayo. Ang lamig na, oh. Maaga pa ang sched mo bukas,” Dana spoke.

They are currently in Singapore. Alice just decided to look at the view at the veranda of their hotel room. Dana was right. She has an early sched tomorrow, so she obliged. She went inside to warm up and get ready for bed but before doing so she video called Sheki and the kids.

Alice, with energetic voice, greeted her family. She told them she safely landed and is currently at their hotel. Dana also greeted them and jokingly told them to take care of Jem. Alice told them that her RM, Ms. Ashley, is already fast asleep on her bed.

“Bye, loves. I’m going to sleep na. Early pa kami bukas. Ingat kayo diyan, ha?”

“Bye, Mommy! I wuv you!” said Aly.

“M-mommy!!! Come home, mommy!” Cole’s tears threatening to fall.

“Love you, too, Ate Aly! I’ll come home once were done here, baby Cole! Don’t cry na, okay? Big girl ka na, diba?”

Alice couldn’t help but smile at her adorable babies. She then said good night to both of them and Sheki put them in bed without turning off the video call. After doing so, Sheki went back on the phone.

“Love, diyan ka pa?” Sheki asked.

“Yes, Love, nandito pa. Hinihintay kita. Tingnan mo si Dana, oh. Nakatulog na din,” Alice said as she pans the camera to a sleeping and snoring Dana on the other bed. They both laughed.

“Ano ba talaga ang ginagawa niyo diyan? Bakit di mo masabi sa akin?”
“Secret, Love. Malalaman mo din,” Alice smiled.

“Sige, Love. Good night na. Maaga din kasi ako bukas. Buong araw ang sched ko. Siguro iiwan ko muna ang mga bata kina Mama,” Sheki talking about Alice’s mom.

Alice and Sheki both said their good nights, I love yous and goodbyes. Tomorrow is another day.

It became frequent for Alice to travel to Singapore and Sheki still did not know the reason why. She thought that it was for a project because sometimes Alice is with Dana and her RM. Sometimes, she goes there alone. Sheki became suspicious because every time Alice goes to Singapore, her calls became less and less and every time she came back from Singapore, the latter became a little bit distant to her. Not taking it anymore, Sheki asked Alice one day. However, Alice only answered generally. Said she’s there for a secret project making Sheki more pissed than she already was. That night, they slept while being angry with each other.

Alice still continued to work. However, her coughs became more noticeable. When asked if she’s okay, she’ll always say that it’s because she’s tired and did not have enough sleep. Sheki also noticed that Alice frequently goes home late which added more to her suspicions.

Alice was more than happy when her request for a month-long vacation was granted by her management. When Sheki learned that Alice took a month-long vacation from work, she became delighted and asked for her management to do the same in order for them to spend some time together along with their kids. Her management only granted her a week but she was happy, nonetheless. It’s better than nothing. She happily told Alice about the news, but Alice did not seem as happy.

“Rans, bakit ganun? Feeling ko… feeling ko talaga may kinikita si Alice sa Singapore,” Sheki ranted to her best friend. They’re inside her tent at the location of her new movie and Rans visited her as the latter also has a commercial shoot nearby.

“Ano ka ba, baks. Sobrang in love sa’yo si Alice, no. Pinagsasabi mong kinikita diyan? Baka nga may pangmalakasang project lang talaga,” Rans told her.

Hearing the heave and small sobs of her best friend, Rans went beside her and hugged her. She just let Sheki cry.
“Rans, bakit ganun? Gusto kong maniwala na may iba na siya kasi parang ang layo na niya sa akin pero naniniwala pa rin ako sa mga sinasabi niya. Sing dalas ng pagpunta niya sa Singapore ang pag-aaway namin, eh. Naaawa na din ako sa mga bata. Parang wala na talaga siyang pakialam sa amin. Rans… ano’ng gagawin ko? What if… what if may iba na talaga siya?” Sheki continued to cry.

Rans decided not to answer. She just hugged her best friend and just be there to comfort her.

Alice, hindi kita mapapatawad pag sinaktan mo ang best friend ko. I hope that you’re reasons are valid for doing this to her.