Hiling III

Alice continued on with her life despite the fact that Sheki entered her consciousness again. She's trying so hard to bury everything at the back of her mind but it does not seem to work anymore. So, to momentarily forget about her, she kept herself busy with work. She even accepted reliever work just so she could forget. Hence, sacrificing her health which made her friends worry.

Dana and Lei scolded Alice because of this. If they didn't ask the head nurse of the hospital for Alice to have a vacation even for 3 days, the latter would have collapsed. They also tried their best to feed her in order for her to not have an empty stomach because like sleep, Alice did not eat that much or even eat on time.

"Dana, bakit parang nauulit yung nangyari noon?" Lei asked worriedly when she was washing the dishes and Dana was fixing the dining table. Alice was already in her room.

"Oo nga, Lei. Eto yung ayaw nating mangyari ulit tapos nauulit na naman. Kasalanan ko talaga 'to," Dana said, blaming herself.

"Wag mo nang sisihin ang sarili mo, Brual. Wala namang may gusto nito. Alalayan nalang natin ang isang yun. Ipagdasal na din natin na sana mag-heal na ang puso niya," Lei said.

Today was the start of her vacation thanks to her friends. Since she couldn't forget about Sheki anymore, she searched her in all social media platforms and stalked her even if she tried so hard to ignore her before.

While scrolling twitter, she came across an article about Sheki and her co-actor, Belle. Curious, Alice read the article which seemingly implies that the two are in a relationship. This made Alice's chest tighten.

"Ang sakit. Bakit nasasaktan pa din ako? Lord, sana mawala na ang sakit na 'to," she silently prayed.

"Kayanin mo 'to, Alice. Dapat hindi ka na nagdadrama diyan. Alalahanin mo nalang ang pamilya mo lalo na ang mga kaibigan mo. Pull yourself up, girl! Makakamove on ka din. Period," she told herself before she fell asleep.

It was a Sunday morning and the friends are eating breakfast. It was good that at least Alice is somewhat back to her old self. The little vacation did her good. They were talking about where they would go for an adventure next weekend when they heard the doorbell ring.

It was Lei who went out to find out who it was. They heard screams after. Alice and Dana stood up from the table and rushed towards the door.

"Mga bes! It's me!" proclaimed someone.

Dana and Alice screamed with delight. "Grace!" they both said in unison.

After Grace went inside the house, the three interviewed her.

"Hoy Grasya, paano mo nalaman ang address namin?" Dana asked.

"Edi kay Tita!" referring to Alice's mom. "Bigla nalang kasi hindi niyo na ako kinausap lalo na nung lumipat na kaming Japan. Grabe kayo! Friends ko ba talaga kayo? Kaya gumawa ako ng paraan para kausapin kayo, stinalk ko kayo sa social media niyo pero waley. Hindi naman kayo active dun. Ignored lahat ng messages ko. Aba! So, sabi ko, pag nagbakasyon ako, humanda kayong tatlo sa akin kaya kinausap ko si Tita sa FB, buti pa siya active dun, tapos hiningi ko address ninyo dito. And here I am. Did you miss me?" Grace explained.

"Oo naman, Grasya. Kaya lang kasi sobra kaming naging busy dito, pasensya na. Saka mas lalo kang gumanda, ah. Umasenso na ang buhay," Lei said.

"Well..." Grace smirked.

"Bakit ka nga pala napauwi, Madam?" Alice asked.

"Bakasyon lang, Bes at konting raket. Kaya ako dumiretso dito mula airport, makikitira muna ako dito habang nasa Pilipinas, pwede ba? Nakahingi na ako ng permiso kay Tita at pumayag naman siya," Grace replied.