Without You

Sheki and Alice were teasing each other when they entered their condo unit. They just had a dinner date after a day's work. They went straight to their bedroom to change and prepare themselves to sleep.

Before going to sleep, Sheki kissed Alice goodnight and hugged her. Sheki smiled because this was the life she dreamed of - being with the one she loves.

3 years girlfriend. 3 years married. A lot of years being friends. They are still going strong in their six-year relationship. She worked so hard to win Alice's heart and now, she could not imagine a life without  her in it. After everything that has happened between them. After all the rollercoaster ride of emotions. She just couldn't. She loves her so much. With that in mind, Sheki drifted off to sleep.

Sheki was awoken by the alarm on her phone. She searched for warmth on the other side of the bed but only the cold bedsheet greeted her. Sheki wondered why, so she opened her eyes to fully see everything.

When Sheki saw that Alice was no longer on her side, she called for her. But she noticed that their room changed to the way it used to be, when it was just her room. She also noticed that Alice's things were missing. Her wedding ring was also missing. She was so confused that it gave her a headache.

Sheki thought thay maybe Alice was already in the bathroom, so she called for her but there was no answer. She was getting worried now. Panic starting to build up.

She went out of their bedroom hoping to see Alice already in the kitchen eating breakfast but she found a different person.

"Rans? Anong ginagawa mo dito? Asan si Alice?" Sheki asked, still confused.

"Huh? Anong pinagsasabi mo diyan, Baks? Nakitulog ako dito kagabi, ah. Okay ka lang ba?" asked a confused Rans

Sheki got more confused than she already was. She scanned her surroundings and noticed that her condo unit was arranged in the way it used to be when Alice and her were not yet friends but merely acquaintances.

Headache getting more painful, Sheki got a glass of water to calm herself.

"Rans, nasaan si Alice? Alam mo ba kung nasaan si Alice?"

"Sinong Alice? Madaming Alice, Sheki," Rans asked back.

"Si Alice! Yung asawa ko, Rans! Si Alice! Ano ka ba? Sino pa bang Alice ang hahanapin ko?!" Sheki yelled. Now panicking.

Rans, as confused as she was, tried to calm Sheki down. She does not understand what is going on with Sheki right now but as her best friend, she will try.

"Okay, Baks. Kalma. Sige, tulungan kitang hanapin si Alice. Pero sagutin mo muna ako. Sinong Alice ba ito?" Rans calmly asked.

Sheki looked at her irritated but answered her anyway.

"Si Alice De Leon."

Rans almost choked when she heard the name. She knew Alice but they were not close. They were not even friends to begin with. They just knew each other and that's it. Why would Sheki say things as ridiculous as being Alice's wife. If this is some kind of a prank, she will better prepare herself for what she will do. But looking at her best friend right now, she looks so serious.

Rans was very confused but she decided to help anyway.

"Okay. Tatanungin ko Grace. Ang pagkakaalam ko friend nun si Alice."

After all the talks, the whys, and the excuses, Rans finally knew where Alice was so she told Sheki about it.

"Puntahan natin, Rans. Gusto ko lang makita si Alice. Gusto ko lang i-make sure na safe siya. Gusto ko lang malaman bakit wala siya sa tabi ko kanina. Please, Rans," Sheki pleaded. Now crying and panicking and still confused.