<<6>> The School Festival of Talents

Yanako's POV

It was finally time for the Festival. Everyone was excited. As the campus journalists spread around interviewing participants and visitors, the photo journalists went around taking stolen shots of the participants preparong for their show.

I was kind of nervous for I played the part of Alice from Alice in Wonderland. I put on the blue dress they gave me and I also put on the bow they told me to wear.

I took a deep breath as I stared at Aoi who was going to play as the Cheshire Cat and Nene~chan who was gonna play the part as the Queen of Hearts.

Despite Nene~chan's confidence, she tought that I would have more chances on getting the all of the boys' attention because of my popularity.

She cried on the inside as Natsuhiko, the one playing as the rabbit, pat her back in reassurance. I chuckled.

When the speaker said that the festival will start in a few minutes, we rushed to find the music club and saw them sitting in the front row.

There was a vacant seat near Amane~kun so we played rock, paper, scissors to find out who sits beside him. You win, you sit beside Amane~kun.

Unfortunately for me, I won every single round. I didn't want to sit beside him despite having a crush on him as well.

As I continue to complain, Akane~san pushed me to the chair making me hug Amane~kun and both the clubs were like "Oooooooohhhhhhh~ someone's got a girlfriend/boyfriend"

I pouted. I sat down on the chair avoiding eye contact with anyone. As I look down at my hands, Amane held them. I blushed. He looked at me seriously and smiled.

"Goodluck" he whispered. "You too" I whispered back smiling.

As the storytelling was done, it was time for the drama club to perform.

——————————–

"Oh my queen, I need to go home" I say dramatically as Yashiro, the queen, shook her head. "Not until you satisfy me with your talents" she said.

I knew she was being serious about hearing me sing because Akane~san was scratching his head as his face clearly read 'This wasn't on the script'.

I sighed. "Oh your majesty, if it is thy talent you seek, I am not worthy to perform" I said.

"Nonsense. Everyone has a talent and you have too. Now my dear, entertain me. Show me your talent" Yashiro says. Surprisingly, she's pretty good at being the villain.

"As you wish your highness" I say finally giving in. I saw a wide smile across her face making me think that she should be the Cheshire Cat.

As the music started to play, everyone screamed. Most of the boys shouted and clapped.

I like your eyes you look away when you pretend not to care.

I like the dimples on the corners of the smile that you wear.

I love you more the world may know, but don't be scared.

Cause I'm falling deeper baby be prepared.

I like your shirt, I like your fingers love the way that you smell.

To be your favorite jacket just so I could always be near.

I loved you for so long, sometimes it's hard to bear.

But after all this time,
I hope you wait and seeee~