Chapter 19: Preparations

Unedited

Word seemed to spread quite quickly. The Easter Bunny, Santa Clause, The Sandman and The Tooth Fairy no longer existed in the eyes of humans. And Harmony...Harmony was being forgotten...

Your eyes wandered over the crowds of angels that worked busily before you, each laughing and chatting as preparations went underway.

"What're they preparin' for?" Bunny asked quietly, crouching beside you. The others too, stood stood alongside your petite body, concern and worry plastered to their faces.

"The Shooting Star Festival..." you mumbled, your golden eyes widening as you remembered the day, "shit..."

They all looked to you in bewilderment, until they became rattled by your ear-piercing whistle. The skies above were filled with roars and the loud flapping of wings as Frostfang glided down, landing at your feet.

"Frost, take Nova to the palace immediately," you ordered, allowing Frostfang take the small dragon in her teeth, "make sure she is handled with utmost care."

The snow dragon bowed her for you and began to scale one of the buildings, leaping off into the skies once again, leaving your sight within seconds. You sighed and turned to the others with a smile, "The Shooting Star Festival marks the day I became Queen..."

North stood beside you proudly, "I help with zhe Decor!"

You giggled quietly, "it's true, North helps with festive Decor (half the time it ends up Christmas themed), Vanish helps me plan and the citizens put up festivities to play games with the children!"

Your enthusiastic voice made a sudden appearance as you finished, hovering off the ground slightly and twirling around until your heels hit the marble again. Smiles graced them as your grin reached their eyes, until a large stack of paperwork suddenly appeared and fell into your arms.

Confusion. Confusion was all that was seen.

"Are you kidding me right now...?" You mumbled, "Valerie Corvich what is the meaning of this?!"

Bewildered frowns fell upon their faces as you called out into the crowd of angels. Moments passed when suddenly, a young woman who looked to be the age of fiftenn, scrambled her way through the sea of people towards you, panting and gasping for air.

"Oh dear..." you mumbled, placing the stack of paperwork onto the ground and rushing for her, "Oh Valerie, are you alright...?"

"P-Perfectly fine your Highness!" She said, adjusting her glasses. Her hair was a stunning array or curly braids that tied into a messy bun, the blonde colour shimmering in the sunlight. A light blue turtle-neck sweater hugged against her warm skin, allowing her wings to move freely.

"What is this paperwork about, Miss Corvich?" You asked, your soothing motherly voice calming her, "did something happen while I was away?"

She quickly straightened out her sweater and fixed her belt, "Oh no, no, no, no, no! They are merely letters and documents from the public asking about the festival and whether or not you were alright."

You sighed, snapping your fingers and letting the stack of paperwork disappear. "Thank you for your time Valerie, you may resume your duties."

She smiled and began to fly off, oly to immediately spin back around, "it is currently afternoon my Queen, the Ball begin's later this evening. And good news is that the Princess is in full health, no more casts, crutches or stitches! She's currently awaiting your arrival in the throne room!" She explained, flying back off into the clouds.

"(Y/N)? What was that all about?" Tooth asked, hovering beside you, "there's a Ball?"

You were screaming, internally that is. You couldn't believe you'd forgotten the most important day in this entire universe! You groaned in disappointment, when a hand intertwined with your own. Bunny stood beside you in a concerned manner, oblivious to the fact Tooth and North were snickering behind him.