his second encounter with you

"You should have seen me, Tucker," Danny complained, "I acted so uncool in front of her." He slapped his forehead in frustration.

He finally was able to meet up with his friends after what happened a week ago when he met you. Things were hectic as he was getting ready for school to start, his parents giving him a list of chores, and fighting ghosts on top of that. In the morning, Danny managed to meet up with Tucker and later, with Sam.

"Dude, you weren't trying to damage her stuff, right?" his friend tried to reason, "That's why you had to hold back."

"Besides," Sam chirped in, "if she was half as decent as you describe her to be, she would see that instead of you acting like a total dweeb." Danny knew the goth meant well with her sharp tongue, but he couldn't help hearing the insult towards the end.

"Gee, thanks, Sam," he grumbled sarcastically.

"You're welcome," she laughed.

When they got to the halls of Casper High, they saw Dash, the blond jock, turn the corner with his posse. The group walked where Danny and his friends were, making Dash glare at him. "Move it, Fenturd," he mocked, "I have some place to be." Once Danny moved out of the way, Dash continued to lead the group through and ignored him like Danny wasn't there at all.

"Wow," Sam whistled, "no starting off the year with a beating?"

"No morning wedgies?" Tucker continued.

"Maybe he's getting tired of it," Danny said unsure himself.

A second later, the group saw Dash shove Mikey, a small, ginger nerd with glasses, into the lockers making all the books and papers he had in his arms spill out. They flinched in pity but didn't move from their spot.

"Nope," Tucker confirmed, "but something is definitely up. He would have shoved Mikey in a locker by now."

"Whatever is grabbing his attention," Danny concludes while opening his locker grabbing out a textbook, "I'm sure glad it's not on me."

The warning bell rung and all three of them walked into Lancer's class for English. Some of the seats were already filled but they managed to get a group of three together with Sam sitting in front of Danny and Tucker sitting next to him. As time went by, the class started slowly filling in.

Sam leaned back in her chair and craned her neck a bit towards Danny. Her gaze didn't meet his as she was gazing in a general direction. "I haven't seen her before. Who's the new girl?" she whispered.

Danny furrowed his eyebrows in confusion and tried to look at the same direction as Sam's. Unfortunately, Danny's sight was blocked by one of the jocks that would hang out with Dash. Every time he would try to adjust his angle of sight, someone else blocked it.

"I don't know," Tucker stared while his voice became higher with excitement, "but she's smoking."

Danny would have liked to agreed, but when he was going to try and spot the new face once more, the final bell rang. Lancer immediately quiet the classroom and began the lecture, giving Danny no time to try to see over the crowd without making it obvious. He gave up with leaning on his elbow with his chin on his hand, deciding he would just try later after class.

He couldn't find what the person Sam and Tucker were talking about when class ended. He thought maybe since she was closer to the exit, she darted out the classroom causing him to miss at the chance of having a good look at her. He didn't see anyone that stood out either during the rest of his classes until lunch, so he thought that she only had the one morning class with him.

Danny met up with Tucker at the cafeteria where he was already sitting at a table with a burger on his tray. Danny had chosen the meatloaf since it tasted the same as the burger. At least he got to eat his yogurt before finishing the rest of the school day.