your encounter with Dash

After the alarms were finally turned off, everyone went back to class. The situation only confirming your earlier question about frequent ghost attacks. Some discussed about the alarm and others continued the day like nothing happened. You lost Sam a while ago before you could ask her anymore questions and you haven't seen her since. You guessed about having only a few classes with her since you couldn't find the goth in any of your afternoon classes. So, what else more could you do besides continuing your studies?

Compared to the morning, the afternoon flew by, and before you knew it, school already ended. The constant stares were no longer on you as a new topic peaked the interest of the student body, so you didn't have to dwell on the holes burning the back of your head. It was relieving to have the day end and go back to the comforts of your home. The first day of school was way more hectic than you realized. Spotting your locker, you spun the dial lock with ease and opened it to grab all the supplies you needed. Finding you could only stuff so much books in your bag, you carried the horror genre book you checked out earlier in your hands before closing the metal door to your locker.

You yelped and flinched when you saw the same blond from this morning was behind your locker door. He wore the same smug look from when he first met you. You hugged the book to your chest when you saw his lips quirked up in a smirk.

"I believe we never introduce each other this morning," he said, "the name's Dash Baxter, football quarterback star of Casper High."

"[Name]," you hesitated, "new girl, apparently." You looked to the side trying to see where you could escape, only to realize everyone in the area was glancing at you in interest. It looks like Dash gathers a crowd wherever he goes, and you were already not a fan of it.

"Have you moved recently?" he continued, "I bet you haven't seen what Amity Park has to offer, yet.Why don't I show you around town at the hottest spots?"

"Oh, um," you panicked, trying to think of an excuse from going with Dash. The universe might have heard your desperate plea as you felt the vibrate in your pocket. You pulled out your phone to see a message from your sister, Emily, telling you that she just got out and she was waiting for you. You tried to hide the grin with an apologetic look as you glanced back up to the jock. "Sorry," you shrugged sheepishly, "I have to go pick up my younger sister from her school."

"I can give you a ride," he insisted.

You held back a groan of frustration from the blond's persistence. "That's okay," you quickly added, "I already have one." It seems he wasn't ready to be denied as you were quick to answer him as he stood still this time as you began easing away. He persisted again as he called out for the last time.

"Maybe next time then, I'll see you around," he called.

"Yeah, totally," you instantly regretted. Curse you and your impulse to be nice. You weren't supposed to respond to that. Now, you have to deal with jock numero uno again. You facepalmed as you left the scene and out of the halls of Casper High to the student parking lot. A groan of stress escaped your lips as your back slouched slightly. This was not how you expect your first day of school to go even without the ghost attack. The reminder felt like it made your shoulders heavier. If the ghosts keep coming, you're gonna have to prepare without having your grandfather know anything. You could only imagine the added stress of your overprotective grandfather.

"A simple no would have suffice."

You turned to look at Sam who was just a few steps behind you, just outside of the entrance way. She had her hands on her hips as she gave you an amused look with a raise of one eyebrow. Two others stood behind her and watched the exchange with high interest. They didn't fit her style but had their own. You recognized one of them from the library earlier, but the darker skin guy was new to you. His hazel eyes were covered with thick black rimmed glasses and his head was covered by a red beret. You also managed to get a good look at the other guy since things were rushed in the library. His extremely dark hair made his eyes seem like a brighter blue. He held a small smile as his eyes watched you.

You had to tear your eyes away in order to answer Sam, "My grandfather always told me that I was too nice. I can see why now."

Word Count: 819

Status: UNEDITED