your late night visitor

"Sweetie, can you take Blu outside while I make dinner?"

The weekend has finally arrived, meaning you didn't have to worry about waking up early in the morning before catching the first warning bell of school. The first week was more hellish than you expected for you and your sister. Apparently, from what she was telling you, she started hanging out with Howard and Randy more often, but the critic girls still lingered as they noticed Emily was getting the attention she didn't want in the first place. You would chuckled every once in a while from the reminders of your middle school experience and now. Despite the unwanted attention you got, some such as Danny, Sam, and Tucker weren't so bad and gained their friendship. But now, it was time to finish the week with getting as much school work done before the next week started. You were crammed in your room at your desk doing school work as your mom's head popped around the corner of your doorway and asked you this question. You managed to scramble the headphones off before she did.

Deciding you needed a break, you nodded, "Sure, Mom."

Settling down your headphones before getting up from your simple office chair and putting on some shoes, you walked down the stairs to the living room where you saw your Great Dane, Blu, laying in his giant dog bed next to your grandfather who was sitting on the couch watching his television as Wheel of Fortune was on. You clicked your tongue, gaining the attention of your dog as he immediately got up and followed you out the back door into the backyard. You only realized you were going to be standing outside for a bit when you saw Blu sniff the fresh planted grass. The sunset air nipped at your skin slightly causing goosebumps from only wearing a white t-shirt and joggers and you wished you grabbed a hoodie before going out, but it was too late now and you were sure you wouldn't be out for much longer.

Suddenly, something caught Blu's attention as his focus was outside of the wall of your property and he started growling. You furrowed your eyebrows in confusion hearing nothing but his growl. You whistled him over quietly, "Blu, come here, boy," but he didn't move, not even his ears at your voice. He started barking and jumping up the wall, but he never attempted to jump over it. "Blu!" you called worriedly. Just when you were about to drag him away, a very familiar voice spoke out.

"Whoa! Easy boy!"

You gasped when you saw the ghost boy became visible in air with his hands up in surrender. Sticking your thumb and pointer finger in your mouth, you whistled loudly and finally gained the attention as he stopped jumping and his floppy ears perked up. While he was still engrossed with your authority, you commanded him, "Sit!"

He obeyed promptly with his focal point still on the albino ghost and his ears twitching every once in a while waiting for another command from you. You sighed as the anxiety left your body only for it to stiffen when you heard your grandfather. "[Name], what's going on out there?" he called from inside the house.

You answered back, "It was just a squirrel, Papa!" You sighed once more before turning your attention to the ghost boy who was still floating high enough away from the giant dog. He floated to the side as you approached Blu. In response, your dog turn jerked his head towards you at the unexpected approach. You pet his head causing his ears to fly back. You apologized, "I'm sorry, Blu's just protective." You added, "But what are you doing here? Is there a ghost around?"

He laughed nervously, "No, nothing like that. I just wanted to check up on you." He only realized how stalker-ish it sounded when you raised a skeptical eyebrow and exclaimed, "I mean, your first week of school and you ran into more ghosts and it must be hard and all..."

You smirked slightly, "I didn't know you made regular visits to new people in town."

"I don't! I mean—!"

"Thanks," you interrupted before giving him a genuine smile.

He smiled back, and at that moment, you couldn't help but stare. The setting sun shined its warm hue in the sky, making the ghost in front of you glow more than his being already did. His slightly tanned skin and neon, green eyes stood out compared to the black and white theme of his suit. The logo on his chest made you question, "What does the 'D' stand for?"

"Oh," he looked down to his chest as you pointed at it, "there's a 'P' in there too."

"What does it stand for?" you asked.

"Danny Phantom," he introduced.

You hummed as a smile danced across your lips, "I'm guessing that's your name?"

"Uh, yeah," he chuckled, "kinda late introductions."

You giggled, "You know, you remind me of someone."

"Like who?"

Your eyes lowered as they looked into a daze. Your pets turned into scratches behind Blu's ears. He adjusted his head so his neck was exposed to you. A boy with blue eyes popped into your thoughts as you smiled. His awkward yet charming personality was oddly similar to the floating boy in front of you. Your demeanor softened, "A friend I made, or at least one I hope I could call."

"I'm sure he considers you as a friend."

You snapped your head up and furrowed your eyebrows at his comment. "How did you—"

"[Name]? Dinner's ready!" the voice of your mother rang.

"Coming!" you called back. Your turned back to the ghost boy only to find him gone. You didn't know whether he disappeared or flew off, but you huffed, "See you later, Danny Phantom."

Word Count: 980

Status: UNEDITED