your first hangout

You didn't know whether to make a judgement just yet considering you just met Danny a little over a week ago, but you found some of his behavior rather odd. There will be times where he would be late to his classes, and you asked why to him. He would dismiss it, excusing as him needing to go to the bathroom or that he was always late. You just shook it off as that's how he always is. Sam and Tucker were no better when it came to their friend's excuses, sometimes even with one or both of them go missing. You just hoped everything was okay.

This weekend the group of mismatched friends invited you to hang out at a burger joint they usually liked to go to, called the Nasty Burger. The name itself made you perplexed only for your new friends to laugh it off and explained to you that the food was rather good contradictory to its name. You thought that was reasonable; otherwise, how else would it be opened, you hoped. You were able to find the hangout joint quite easily as you have asked for directions before hand and decided to walk there since it wasn't too far from your place. It was hot outside from the clear skies and the sun beaming down its rays on you, making you glad that you decided to wear shorts and a tee with some sneakers. You could only imagine the struggle of Sam with the amount of black she wears.

You walked in the burger place and you were greeted with the sound of burgers being grilled and the noise of a packed business. Everyone of all ages were at booths and tables either waiting or happily eating. You could tell the business aimed for more of a teenage audience as there were more of young adults ratio to older folk. Either way, you had to admit, the food smells amazing.

"Hey, [Name]," you heard Sam as she walked up to you with Danny. He greeted you with a smile and you returned it back. "We were waiting for you before we ordered something. Tucker couldn't wait though and is already eating."

"That's fine," you reassured, "I'm parched."

You insisted they order first since you still had no clue what to get, being it your first time and all. You decided to settle with getting a drink since you were thirsty from the walk you just had. Sam offered to pay since she saw how little you were getting but you declined, stating that it was no big deal and you just couldn't choose what you wanted. The three of you walked over to the booth Tucker was sitting at once you gather your stuff. There was a balled food wrapping crumbled up on his tray and it looked like Tucker was on his second burger.

"Hey, [Name]," he greeted and you ignored the urge to roll your eyes as he wiggled his eyebrows at you. You simply greeted back with a sly smirk as you mentally judged the mini pile of burgers he had on his tray.

"Hey, Tuck," you said, "that's a lot of burgers you have there."

"He's a meat enthusiast," Danny commented.

You hummed in acknowledgement. "That'll explain all the burgers."

"And it's disgusting," Sam grumbled.

The ultra-recyclo vegetarian has already told you her beliefs in food when you asked for it one day when you saw her eating tofu. You merely responded with a questioning glance at Danny to reiterate. He picked up the hint and responded with; "She doesn't eat anything with a face." You concluded that also means milk since she doesn't even use dressing for her salads. You kept a mental note of it whenever Sam could come over to your place. You also noted this would start some arguments between the goth and the techno geek. They were small disputes until Danny would intervene with a glare or a deadpan sigh. They would get the hint and settle down.

"Even for someone who [is/is not] a vegetarian, I have to admit, it's a little disturbing," you mumbled back to Sam and she giggled.

The three of you sat down in the arrangement of Danny next to Tucker and you next to Sam. The conversation went back and forth of favorites, movies, and video games. You drank from your cup occasionally making it empty faster than usual by the time the others could put a dent in their food. You excused yourself to get a refill as the conversation went on. Once you got more of your drink and you came back, Danny was missing.

You noticed and asked, "Where did Danny go?"

You didn't know what was more strange. The fact Danny suddenly disappeared or Sam's and Tucker's mixed answers.

"To do an errand," Tucker said.

"To the bathroom," Sam said at the same time.

Tucker must have regretted what he said because he cringed and mumbled, "Bathroom would definitely be more plausible."

You gave them a strange look, not believing a single thing they said after Tucker's slip up. You started opening your mouth to start interrogating them, but the sudden empty feeling of your hand of which held your cup stopped you before you could get a sound out. Your cup floated in front of you, then, Sam's and Tucker's food, and then, the rest of the restaurant. You instantly knew another ghost attack was afoot when the food flew in one direction and people inside started screaming. You followed the trail of moving food to outside where two beings were floating with one of them being surrounded by food. You spotted Danny glaring at the ghost lady as the food surrounded her body and became meat armor.

"It's the Lunch Lady!" you turned towards Tucker as he stood next to you with the wind blowing wildly. Sam held a similar worried look as she looked up at the two ghosts.

You grunted loud enough for the two of them to hear as they looked back at you, "Don't think you're in the clear, yet. You two have explaining to do after."

Word Count: 1029

Status: UNEDITED