What was my job?

She couldn't be a monster, maybe she was just dreaming. Rose pinched herself with those claws and hissed in pain, she sat up straight in bed, eyes running open. Her breathing had become harsh as she looked around, her vision was clear she looked towards her hands the claws were still there.  She looked to her door and slammed it shut, shaking, how did her dream come true? The red head looked to her wrist where her bracelet laid, she pressed the button, Haven appearing in front of her ready to strike at any opposing threat,but looked to her. 

"So it finally decided to show?" Haven asked, placing her hand on her cheek.

"What?!" Rose hissed.

The feeling in her gums made when she talked made her shiver, sweat, she even had a slight lisp. Haven sighed and made her lay down on the bed, earning a weird look from Rose.

"Sleep" Haven flicked her head with a smile.

She didn't know what was happening, but the soft, calming sense of sleep took her over again. In a couple of hours she awaken by the talking from outside her room.

"Shes just like your mister" A males voice hissed.

"I-I didn't know he even was a-" The females voice was drown to a whisper.

Rose sat up and rubbed her aching head. She looked around and then got off the bed, she wanted out of this house now. The air that came seeping through the door made her suffocate. She opened her window, it gave her some relief but she tossed on her shoes and leather jacket, grabbing her bag, her hands clamped around the tubes, feet making contact with ledges of windows. Once to the ground she ran for her motorcycle, getting on quickly as she heard shouting from her room. The female made off and went to the police station. She only gave the chief a curt nod before making her way to the file room. Inside was the real detective of the agency, looking at her notes inside the file. She had forgotten about them. She was in big trouble.

"Fuck.." She muttered.

"So you decided to go against the chiefs orders?" His name was Jay Brunlee. 

"You weren't going to figure it out" She hissed.

"Then maybe I'll tell the chief now" 

"I have the evidence" She blurted.

Jay cocked an eyebrow. Rose pulled out her phone, fishing for the email Haven sent her.

"There wasn't one murderer...there was two..the wife and another woman. The wife wasn't in love with her husband but a woman who her husband seen once. She caught him but looked at the woman, then they had the secret affair" Rose hissed.

"No way, there was one murderer"

She had the audacity to slap him, but she fought back the urge. 

"The knife was from his house, inside a box, why would she hide the knife, and also the extra DNA found on the handle of the knife? Why would she smile just at the sound of her name? The reason for the missing indent was because he knew, so he called her out. They killed him" Rose questioned.

Jay gulped, Rose smirked knowing she had outsmart him, she always had but she told herself to keep quiet, let him make the mistakes. 

"Fine" He said.

She looked to the door and a flustered blush reached her cheeks. The chief stood there with his arms crossed. Rose was three times big in trouble. She coughed and looked away.

"Since you really love to snoop Rosetta, maybe its time I offer you the job..." The chief sighed.

He was an old man but had a iron fist of a heart, determined. When she was just 15 he found her in the house of the kidnapped woman already having figured it out before them. She had held the kidnapper at gun point, a few scratches on her legs, arms. The chief had his men arrest the woman and took her away from the scene, wrapping the girl in a blanket wondering how the hell she did this. He had scolded her many times, yet she saw him as a father figure and almost always came into the station after school. The chief knew that he's detective was jealous, but he couldn't help but laugh at times.