Busted

Rose groaned, sitting up, most of throbbing of her head had gone away. She could hear her phone buzzing from the bathroom, but she knew Haven told her not to touch the phone. Of course she didn't care, she wasn't in the room. The red head got up and walked into the bathroom, taking it out of the secret compartment. She let out a gasp, she had been out for at least four days. The calls and messages from the chief and Dusk. She sent the Chief her address and stilled at the sound of the door opening. Rose hid her phone behind her back, Troy was back. She shoved it into a drawer and looked to him with a sweet smile. He reeked of alcohol, she could of purged onto his shoes right then and there. 

"What are you doing?" His hicks blurred his words together.

"Nothing, go away" She hissed.

He grabbed her wrist, the one with the phone. "Such a bad child, no wonder your mother doesn't care for you."

Her knee drove into his nether region. He gasped, oh lord why did she do that. It felt natural to her but he was gonna swing back at her. He was buckled onto his knees, she made a mad dash to her door but he caught her ankle. Rose hissed and shook her leg. Her hand went to her bracelet, but she stopped herself. She shouldn't ruin her own plan, Troy got up and grabbed at her throat. Rose grabbed his wrist, her head throbbed again. Troy sneered and squeezed, perfect timing. Just the position she needed to at least get him busted.

The clangor of the sirens were here and he dropped her. Damn him! Rose growled and held onto his arm, His fist collided with her face right as her door creaked open. She let go of his arm and held her cheek, red and a little swollen. A man grabbed Troy and dragged him out of her room. Another grabbed her, checking on her cheek and walking her out the house. Her mother smiled with relief and her hand reached out, to touch her. Selene's hand only grazed across her shoulder, the one with a scar from the graze. Rose sighed and looked as she was put into a cop car. She was hopeful that she could start over, but she knew that Troy would get out of jail easily.

She was taken to a house, the chiefs house. She recognized it by its grey color and the oak trees. Rose sat in the living room, the Chiefs wife fussing over her cheek and tending to it. The Chief had one child but he was long gone with his family. Rose was like a step in child to them. She could feel herself smile a bit, they even got some of her personal items into a room, her motorcycle out front. Once she was fed the wife, her name was Irene, sent her to bed. 

Once the light hit her eyes she sat up and looked to the open window. She got out of bed and looked around.  The new scenery made her more happy, she hummed as she walked out of the room. The sweet smell of food hitting her nose as her long legs made it to the kitchen. Irene was making bacon and eggs, it made her mouth water as she sat down at the table. Hastily eating her portion she looked outside the window, watching the still oak tree. She then got up, thanked Irene then walked back to the room. Today she would take the will to the bank. One quick look in the mirror and she sighed, the ring of bruises near her eye, nothing a little make up can hide. The will and CD were on the nightstand, a note from Haven to meet her soon. Rose stuff the will into her bag and the CD into the drawer of the nightstand. She made her way to the bank again and walked up to the teller, taking the will out of her bag. 

"Mine putting this into my savings?" Rose asked.

The teller nodded and then his eyes bulged out at the amount. Her father had left her all of his money, it added up to 15,000,000. She smiled and the teller made the transaction. Rose walked out of the bank and looked around, what would she do now? She had so much room to move, stretch her legs out, room to breathe in comfortable silence. First, her plan to find those killers. If they are dead by now she could just jail Troy for keeping evidence if Haven found anything on the CD. He punished her to keep her away from finding out. It's why he hid the will, the endless torture. But she wasn't done until she found all of them. She made her way to the station, hiding out in her office and writing onto the white board. 

She then took the ideas to Haven at her lab.

"On the CD, it was a video of the day..." Haven said.

Rose set her stuff down, looking towards Haven. She vividly remembered the camera, the way it moved around and pointed, its lenses moving.

"Then lets go crash the evidence room"

 The older woman was running test after they crashed into the evidence room. It was a tedious task but they managed. Rose lock-picking as Haven stood watch. There wasn't much expect for blood samples, photos, along with the autopsy and the knife that scared her eye. Idiots leaving being evidence, the best piece especially. Rose dusted the powder over the knife handle and Haven set it under the machine. She watched as it searched for finger prints. There was one visible one, the machine searching in the databases for the victim. It landed on a very wealthy man named George Hunningham. 

Rose cracked her knuckles and smiled, her next outing would be to him, of course she would bring Haven and maybe also Dusk, together, both would cause some fear. But it was probably already scary facing the girl you hurt and now shes hunting you down like the deer up are. She would be the wolf that shred the deer and be crowned. Haven looked to the blood samples, it was all Autumns nothing new. Then they looked over the photos and autopsy report. Her father had a bullet wound to the head, the measurements came to a nine millimeter bullet. Rose would have to do more snooping around. 

"Maybe we should do it when he is not home, this time" Rose said.

Haven looked to her, "That would be a smart idea, we would just have to figure out when he isn't"

"So we watch over him"

"Not we..me, you need to get more rest and take care of the bruise" Haven hissed.

Could Haven really see right through her? Rose groaned.

"Fine"

Haven hummed and sent her away. Tomorrow she would start trailing the man and maybe cause some havoc. Nothing wrong with a little fun and some screaming to go along with it. Just enough to make him scared. Or would he just lock himself inside his room? Cry like a baby, she would feed off of that, leave him vulnerable. With guards down she could have Rose bust in and snoop, no questions asked. Unless there was guards, then she would have to knock them out to get her inside. Until then, she grinned wickedly, her mind already in Hells depths.