THREE

chapter three;

21st street

LUCY HAD HER LAST PERIOD WITH KENNEDY, IN WHICH SHE WAS GRATEFUL FOR. As the bell rang the two walked out of class to go to the study hall. "You know, the last time we had our last period together, you were kidnapped" Kennedy commented. Lucy turned to her, giving her a look. "Too soon? Okay" she said.

Lucy opened the doors to the study hall to see Liz questioning two teams of the questions for the Academic Decathlon. "What is the heaviest naturally occurring element?" Liz asked. A boy in which Lucy had never talked with rang the bell.

"Hydrogen's the lightest. That's not the question, okay" he said. Kennedy turned to Lucy.

"Uranium?" Lucy chimed in. All heads turned to her, and Liz smiled in relief.

"That is correct, Lucy" she smiled. "You guys can grab a chair and join us" she said. Lucy grabbed a chair from one of the piles in the back and sat in front of the stage. She could feel Peter's eyes following her move. Lucy turned to him and smiled.

"I can't go to Washington, because if Mr. Stark needs me, I have to make sure that I'm here" he said. Lucy and Kennedy snapped their heads towards him. Lucy raised her eyebrows at him, in which he shrugged it off.

"You've never even been in the same room as Tony Stark. Right, Lucy?" Flash asked. Lucy turned to him, in which he raised her eyebrows, demanding answer. Lucy turned to Kennedy who shrugged.

The whole room turned to her. "Uh.. um- I don't know actually. Dad never mentioned it" she stuttered.

"Wait, what's happening?"

"Peter's not going to Washington"

"What? No, no, no"

"Why not?" Abraham asked as he rang the bell. Liz scoffed and turned to him.

"Really? Right before nationals?" she asked.

"Who cares? We have Lucy Stark and Kennedy James!" Flash said. The rest of the group murmured in agreement.

"Flash, you're in for Peter" Liz said. Flash scoffed.

"I don't know, I gotta check my calendar. I got a hot date with Black Widow coming up" he said sarcastically. Lucy shook her head.

"Nah, you're not her type" Lucy said, turning to Flash with a smile. A series of 'ooh's chorused through the study hall. Kennedy pursed her lips and held in her laugh, turning away from Flash. Peter sighed and took his backpack as he stood up and walked out of the hall. Lucy stood up and followed him out.

"Peter!" she called out. He turned to her. "What the hell are you doing?" she asked.

Peter furrowed his eyebrows. "What?" he asked. Lucy scoffed and walked towards him.

"You do know that you can't tell anyone that you're Spider-Man right" she whispered. Peter nodded. 

"I know. I've been telling people I'm doing a Stark Internship" he said. Lucy furrowed her eyebrows.

"Yeah... but you're done with the 'internship'.." she said. "The whole internship is the accords..." she added. Peter shrugged.

"Yeah, but Mr. Stark said that there will be other missions and that he'll call me" he smiled. Lucy chuckled at the boy in front of her.

"Parker, there won't be any mission soon, trust me" she said. "Look, just join the Decathlon. Even if there is a 'mission' or whatever, I'm pretty sure there are guys that will take care for it" she said. Lucy took out her phone and pressed on Happy's dial ID to pick her up. "Besides, didn't dad have the baby monitor protocol on you?" she asked.

Peter was taken aback and furrowed his eyebrows at the girl. "Baby monitor protocol? But, I'm ready for more than that!" he whined. Lucy chuckled.

"Your time will come, Pete" she said. Happy pulled up in front of her and she opened the door and put her backpack in. Peter turned to the front seat and waved at Happy from the window, getting no response. Lucy rolled her eyes. "In the mean time, don't let your friends down and join the decathlon"

-

Lucy was sitting in her room, a place she has gotten accustomed to ever since the accords. As she was about to press play on the TV remote, a buzzing from her phone caught her eyes. Peter's name was displayed on the caller ID and she answered with no hesitation. "Hey" she greeted.

"Hey. Is your dad home?" he asked. Lucy furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

"No.. he's in India" she replied. "Why?"

"Okay, good. Can you help me out? 21st Street" he said. Lucy stood up and walked into her closet, grabbing her suit.

"What? Are you okay? What happened?" she asked. She could hear banging in the background.

"Some robbers are using this weird alien-ish weapons- you have to see this" he said. Lucy put on her suit and nodded.

"Be there in a minute" she said, before hanging up. "FRIDAY, locate Happy Hogan" she said as she tied her hair in a bun.

"Happy Hogan is currently in the Avengers tower" FRIDAY said.

"Good" Lucy said, before teleporting her way to 21st Street. As she got there, Peter was already inside of the bank fighting off four guys in Avengers masks, and he seemed to be.. flying? "What the hell?" she mumbled, storming inside. Peter fell as the guy released him when he saw Lucy standing behind him. "Cool masks" she commented before knocking each one of them out.

As she helped Peter on his feet, she could feel herself being elevated from the ground. As she turned to them, she could see some unfamiliar objects in their possession. "What the hell are those?" she grunted as her head banged onto the roof.

Peter shot them some of his webs, which resulted to Lucy being released from the blue orbs that was elevating her off of the ground. The weapon was webbed onto the front door. Lucy walked towards the guy and as she was about to take off their masks, she could hear Peter's struggle behind her. "No, no, no! Wait!" he yelled. Lucy put up a shield of white orbs fast enough before more purple laser rays was shot. It didn't hit her, but it cracked the whole compound open, including catching the Sandwich Place across the street, in flames.

Lucy gasped and Peter ran straight towards it. She instinctively followed, leaving the robbers behind. She picked up the cat from the counter as Peter helped the owner out. "Here you go" she said, giving the man his cat. He coughed as he thanked her and Peter. She could hear police sirens on the way and her eyes widened. "We have to go" she said, turning to Peter.

She grabbed his hand and teleported themselves out. She took Peter up to the rooftop of one of the nearest apartment complex there. "Holy shit, my dad's gonna kill me" she said. Peter turned to her. She looked up at him. "Oh my god, he's gonna kill you too"