FOUR

chapter four;
liz isn't just 'some senior girl'

LUCY WALKED INTO THE HALLWAYS OF MIDTOWN HIGH AND SHE COULD ALREADY FEEL STUDENTS' GAZE ON HER. The media was the second to jump into the news of Silver Spade and Spider Man fighting off ATM robbers with high-tech weapons, Tony was the first one.

After Lucy's small panic attack, she teleported back into her room and she could see Tony's caller ID on the monitor in front of her. "FRIDAY, decline" she said.

"Unfortunately, Mr. Stark demands your answer, Ms. Stark" FRIDAY said. Before Lucy could even change back into her pajamas and wipe the ashes from her face, Tony was on her screen.

"You know, you could have at least change into your pajamas to try to fool me into thinking you didn't just a) went out without my permission, b) fight off ATM robbers with Spider-boy, and c) blow a whole sandwich shop into pieces" he said. Lucy sighed and shook her head. She opened her mouth to speak, but Tony cut her off. "I'm going to ask you once. What were you thinking?" he asked.

"I'm sorry, okay? Peter called and-"

"He dragged you into this?" he asked. Lucy's eyes widened and shook her head.

"No! No, no, no he didn't!" she yelled. Tony raised his eyebrows and the girl sighed. "I was just trying to help, Dad. It's not Peter's fault" she explained. Tony face palmed and shook his head.

"ATM robbery, Lucy? Seriously?" he asked.

"No, Dad. They have these weird, alien weapons and it flew me! It lifted me! Like off the ground! And they had this weird purple laser thingy-"

"You know what? I don't have time this. You're grounded" he stated. Lucy's face dropped. She hid her disappointment and rolled her eyes.

"Of course you don't have time. Whatever, Dad. I'm going to bed I have school tomorrow" she said, walking away from the monitor. Tony furrowed his eyebrows.

"What's that supposed to mean?" he asked.

"FRIDAY, end call" she said.

"Ending call" FRIDAY confirmed. It's safe to say that Lucy's night did not end well that day, which resulted to a very pissed off morning Lucy.

Peter approached her as she put her stuff into her lockers. "So, how did it go?" he asked. Lucy scoffed and rolled her eyes.

"Not good. He's grounding me. Again" she said, rolling her eyes. Peter followed her as she walked away. "He's just not listening to me, it's annoying" she said.

"Who's not listening?" Kennedy chimed in, joining the duo.

"Mr. Stark" Peter said. Kennedy scoffed.

"Is it because of what you did last night?" she asked. Lucy nodded. "Everyone's talking about you. You're a badass, you know that?" Kennedy said. Lucy rolled her eyes and Peter furrowed his eyebrows. "Oh, right. You too, Spider-boy" she said, turning to Peter.

"I'll see you later" Peter muttered as he walked into his Physics class.

"You know, you and Spider-boy makes a pretty great duo" Kennedy smirked. Lucy scoffed and rolled her eyes. As she opened her mouth to speak, she was cut off by Liz who stood in front of them, blocking their way.

"Hey, guys. Um- I'm holding a party tonight, and I was just wondering if you'd come?" she asked. "It's totally cool if you can't but-"

"We'll be there"

"Oh, she's grounded" Lucy and Kennedy said in unison. Lucy gave Kennedy a look as she turned back to Liz, smiling.

"We'll be there" she said. Liz nodded and walked away. Kennedy turned to Lucy, raising her eyebrows. "I don't care anymore, okay? Dad doesn't listen to me, so whatever. I'm not listening to him" she said, walking into her first class.