SIX

chapter six;
luke and leia

THE NEXT THING SHE KNEW, EVERYTHING TURNED INTO CHAOS. Peter shot his web and grabbed one of the guy's guns throwing it away. Peter ran towards them, just to get knocked up by one of their weapons. The weapon had an energy source on the bottom that strengthen the punch of its user. "Hey, I have one of those as well!" Lucy smirked.

The guy furrowed his eyebrows as Lucy stormed her way towards them with her energy focused on her palm and punched the guy down to the ground. She ran towards Peter who was laying on the ground. "You okay?" she asked, helping Peter up. He nodded. His eyes widened as he noticed the car was already moving.

"Come on" he said, grabbing her hand as he shot his web on the car's backdoor, resulting to the both of them being dragged by the vehicle. "This is not a good idea!" he yelled. Lucy let go of Peter, stumbling backwards. "Lucy!" he yelled.

"Hold on! I've got a better plan!" she replied. She watched as Peter crashed onto a mailbox.

"I'm taking the shortcut!" he yelled, before disappearing from Lucy's view. Lucy sighed and closed her eyes, concentrating her energy on her palm. She could hear the loud crashing around her, but she tried to focus as much as possible on the forces inside her. As she felt the energy building up, she pushed herself up and before she knew it, she was off of the ground.

She landed herself a couple of feet away from the car. She could see the car coming her way. She built an energy shield in front of her to put the car onto a stop. She could see the driver's eyes widened. The distance between her and the car were merely inches when she heard Peter's yell. She looked up to see a flying figure picking Peter up and taking him away. Lucy's eyes widened. "Shit" she said. Her thoughts were interrupted as she felt a force from in front of her. She could see the car crashing onto her energy shield. It didn't do any damage to the car, but she really couldn't care less.

Her mind was fixed on Peter and the figure that took him away. She could hear the drivers cursing her out, but before he could do anything else, Lucy disappeared from their view. She teleported to a random backyard, away from the two men. "Okay.. where are you, Parker?" she muttered, taking out her phone to track Peter's location.

She watched as the small dot on her phone labelled "Peter Parker" flew over a lake, but it weirdly enough stopped halfway. She furrowed her eyebrows. "Why did he- oh shit" her eyes widened in realization. She quickly put her phone on her pockets and teleported to the location.

She stopped behind a tree when she heard a familiar voice, her dad's. "What were you thinking?" he asked. She knew that tone all too well. She put her back against one of the trees, close enough to hear their conversation, yet away from Tony's vision.

"How is he back so soon?" she whispered.

"The guy with the wings was obviously the source of the weapons! I gotta take him down!" Peter explained.

"Take him down now, huh? Steady, Crockett. There are people who handle these sort of things" Tony said. "God, you're starting to sound like Lucy. Has she been messing with your head? She's really a bad influence on you" Tony commented.

Lucy scoffed and rolled her eyes. "The Avengers?" Peter asked, ignoring Tony's last comment.

"No no no. This is a little below their pay grade" he said.

"Lucy?" Peter continued.

"Nope. This is a little above her pay grade" Tony replied. A scoff escaped Lucy's lips.

"I don't even get paid for these! What the hell?" she whispered.

"I think she can take on those guys" Peter commented. "Anyway, Mr. Stark, you didn't have to come all the way up here. I had that, I was fine" he said.

"Oh, I'm not here" Tony's robotic voice said, revealing a hollow suit beneath the mask. "Thank god this place has Wi-Fi or you would be toast right now- thank Ganesh while you're at it. Cheers" he said. "Look, forget the flying vulture guy, please!" he sighed.

"Why?!" Peter asked.

"Why? Because I said so!" he yelled. Lucy pursed her lips, trying to contain her laughter. She could picture Peter's face as he said that. "Sorry, I'm talking to a teenager- stay close to the ground! Build up the game, helping the little people. Like that lady that bought you the Churros" he said. "Can't you just be a friendly neighborhood Spider Man?" he asked.

"But, I'm ready for more than that now!" Peter replied.

"No, you're not" Tony said, the mask closing.

"That is not what you thought when I took down Captain America!" Peter said.

"Trust me kid, if Cap would want to lay you off, he would have" Tony pointed out. "Listen to me, if you come across these weapons again, call Happy- not Lucy" he said. Peter looked up, furrowing his eyebrows as he heard the sound of car engine.

"Are you driving?" Peter asked.

"You know, it's never too early to think about college. I've got some pull at MIT, end call" he said, ending the call. Peter sighed.

"I don't need to go to co- Mr. Stark-"

"He's not there" Lucy said, coming out from the tree behind Peter. Peter turned around, jumping down from the ledge. "That my friend, is basically all of the conversation that I've had with my dad these past few days" she smiled.

Peter chuckled. "Are you okay?" he asked. Lucy nodded, shrugging. "We really need to head back" he said.

"I agree" Lucy said. The two walked out of the park side by side. "Thanks, by the way" Lucy said, clearing the silent air. Peter turned to her, raising his eyebrows. "For defending me back there when dad said that this was 'a little above my pay grade'" she said, making quotation marks in the air as she mocked Tony.

Peter chuckled, shaking his head. "Nah, it's cool" he said. "I think it's true, though. Your kinda awesome, Stark" he said, nudging her shoulders. Lucy laughed.

"Kennedy said we make a pretty cool duo" she smiled. "I agree, to be honest" she said. Peter turned to her, returning her smile.

"I think so too" he nodded.

"We could be the next Auntie Nat and Hawkeye" she smirked, nudging Peter on his shoulders. Peter furrowed his eyebrows in disagreement.

"I was leaning more towards Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia" he said. Lucy turned to him, chuckling. "But that works too, I guess" he shrugged.

"Nerd" she mocked. She was waiting for Peter to throw another snarky remark when she noticed that his eyes were fixated towards an object in front of them. She followed his gaze to see the glowing purple energy source lying on the ground in front of them.