6. Personal Assistant

It's been a while, hasn't it? :) Years even. I apologize for the wait. Note though, this update was one I wrote more than 6 months ago, sorry for any errors. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/N POV:

I can't believe this is happening right now. Him. He's my boss?? Oh god, I know it's my first day, but why not get a head start and quit now?

I stare at him in silence, expecting him to say something, but he doesn't. I open my mouth to say something but close it again.

He just stares at me. He then sighs. "You're not going to say anything?"

"W-What? Haha, what is there to say..." I turn away, I'd rather not make any eye contact with him right now.

I can see him looking at me with a judging stare as if I were a sheep, and he was a wolf deciding on which sheep to prey on next.

He then breaks the silence. "You understand what position you are at Hirahara Corp, right?"

I look at him, a bit nervous, but answer. "Y-yes...sir?" Is that that he wanted me to call him?

He glares at me a bit. "Stand up straight. From the moment you walk out that door, you are representing me, my family and this entire company."

I look at him, more confident in myself. "I know what I signed up for—at least put a little trust into me."

He slips on a white button-up, buttons the buttons and looks over to me. "..." He then starts to walk past me and stops for a second.

"Oh, and I want those dry cleaned by tomorrow. Come early."

I turn to him in confusion. "Wait, where do I work?"

He gives me a stare and begins walking out the door. He stops for a brief moment, but at that moment I felt as if my dreams of not eating ramen every day were crushed.

"I thought you knew what you applied for." He says with a small smirk on his face.

I walk a bit closer to him, I look him straight in the eyes and I say, "Of course, I was told that I would be a marketing assistant under you."

He turns his face towards me, his icy blue stare meets my e/c eyes. Even though he has a stone-cold face, and even icy eyes, somewhere in there I can feel the urge for a sense of warmth.

He smirks. "From today, you'll be my personal assistant."

I gasp. I drop the clothes I had received from him on the ground. I hurriedly pick it back up and turn my face towards him.

"What do you mean?"

He looks at me for a brief second but in that second I could feel his mockery.

"Whatever do you mean? Didn't you say you knew what you applied for?"

"Of course I did. And I didn't expect this—" I point to him and his wet clothes.

"Well, make do." He then walks out the door, expecting me to follow. I don't have to follow—but then again, they are paying me a lot, so as they say, follow the money.

————

Kousuke POV:

She is such an annoyance. I took the time out of my day to show her around, and what does she do? Spill coffee on me and drop my clothes.

She was originally supposed to be a marketing assistant, but I think that she should earn her way there. I don't want someone so irresponsible working in the marketing department.

"From today you'll be my personal assistant."

I hear her talking and I don't really pay attention to it. I don't need her to talk, I need her to work.

"Well, make do," I say. I have an important project to work on, and I'd rather not spend any more time talking and lazing around. Like my brother, Nol.

I walk out the door and slightly glance to see if she's following me. I slow my pace just a bit so she can catch up, only because I don't want it to look like she's chasing after me—the media will get crazy.

We eventually get to my office. White, boring and covered in stacks of paper. I sit down in my chair and unbutton a button on my shirt. I start working on my unfinished papers and from the corner of my eye, I see her being nosy.

I continue working on my papers and see her almost turn a photo from its usual facedown position. I don't make eye contact because I can't waste a second on not working. "Ms. L/N, step away from my belongings." I sigh. I wish that I didn't have to work. "I'll give you something to do in just a moment.

She gives an 'okay' and sits down on the sofa by the door. After a few minutes, I click my pen and turn her direction. I sigh. I didn't expect her to do this on her first day. Or at all—we're in a work environment, it's no place to sleep.

I get out from my chair and head over in her direction. I keep a safe distance away from her. "Ms. L/N, are you awake?" I hear a grumble and I ask again. "If you're awake, get up immediately—this is a work environment and I don't appreciate you acting like this."

I wait for a response. I hear her say something.

I move a little closer to hear it. "What was that?"

She turns around and faces me. For some unknown reason, she tugs on my shirt. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

I can't believe I wrote some of this hahahahah