Friends

"So yeah, that's about it." You caught your breath as you finished relaying every interaction you had to the Love Pillar.

After bidding farewell to Urokodaki, Tanjiro, and even the sleeping Nezuko, you made your way back to your estate. Things took a turn for the better when you met up with Mitsuri in the market. Seeing how she was struggling to to carry her groceries, you helped her out and found yourself inside the Love Estate.

The Love Estate was very different from that of the Water. Knowing that Mitsuri loved western culture, you did not expect the estate to be decorated in a way that was very far from the traditional Japanese style homes. Of course, still wanting to keep things in respect of the culture, Mitsuri had opted for Japanese style tables, chairs, cushions, and beds.

Mitsuri's eyes sparkled with so much love the moment you finished talking. A very pretty smile gifted your sight. Even though you had spent a lot of your time with the Love Pillar, you still were not used to all the cute energy she had to offer.

See, 8 years ago, the first pillar you acquainted yourself to was Mitsuri herself. Taking it into consideration, who among the pillars would openly accept you without asking too much. She was perfect. The day you knocked on the gates, you were met with hypnotizing green eyes and got instantly dragged inside the estate to have some pancakes and omurice. After that, you felt safe and knew that you indeed made the right choice.

"I love how your body just decided to betray you, (N/N)!" She commented with a very pleasant laugh.

"Ugh. Thinking about it still makes me cringe." You replied as you stuffed yourself with a spoonful of her infamous omurice.

"So, are you meeting with him? You don't have a mission right?"

"In 2 days time, we agreed to have lunch together." Biting your inner cheek, you could feel heat rising to your cheeks. Excitement was something you felt as the days grew shorter.

"When do you plan on telling him about your feelings?" She leaned in closer to you. Her palms cupped her own cheeks with excitement at all the lovey dovey stuff you decided to share with her.

That got your thoughts to run. Because of his nature, confessing was the last thing to enter your mind. Not even sure if he completely trusts you, the small interactions and contact was enough to satisfy your feelings. Yet, seeing that he tends to start up conversations more, took care of your injury, and let himself loose while eating Salmon Daikon caused your heart to beat a tad faster. Maybe there was a chance that he felt the same way.

"There is no need to doubt, (N/N)! You are very pretty and I'm sure he notices all of your small advancements."

"Well, he's very... introverted. I doubt he understands what I feel towards him, Mitsukan." Not bothering to hide it, you slumped your shoulders and devoured the last piece of omurice.

Giggling softly, Mitsuri leaned on your shoulder and grabbed on to your arm.

"You know, I initially thought that the person you would take interest in would be Rengoku-sensei~ My my my, I never thought you'd take interest at someone whose very much the opposite!"

Before you could respond, another voice entered the room.

"And what are the two of you talking about?"

"RENGOKU!" The two of you exclaimed as he took a seat opposite and graced the two of you with his signature smile.

"UMU! Do you still have some omurice, Kanroji?" Rengoku asked with his arms folded on his chest. The room immediately lit up by ten folds just with his presence alone.