Questions

The skies were now blazing with orange and red hues. It had been a few hours since the demon had been killed. Everything went smoothly. Except for the fact that Zenitsu ended up being beaten by this kid who wears a boar mask. You could still remember the sound of Tanjiro giving him a massive head butt.

In a twist of events, Zenitsu was now the one being carried by Tanjiro. Each step all of you took, Inosuke would challenge Tanjiro for a fight. Ever so often he would disappear and run straight into a tree. Not really sure what message he was conveying, both you and Tanjiro decided to leave him be.

"So where will you go now, (Y/N)-san?" Tanjiro asked.

"Two towns south. I'll be meeting up with... Giyu."

"Whoa! He finally sent a message for you?" He adjusted Zenitsu who was as still as a rock. You couldn't help but admire how much strength this sunshine boi had.

"He did... But..." Taking out the small note from your pocket, you read the words once more and furrowed your brows. "I don't know. I doubt Giyu would write something like this."

When Tanjiro stepped in a little closer to examine the note, he too choked on air at the contents. His eyes darted from you to the note and then back to you.

"Are you... sure that's Tomioka-san?"

The junction where you would split with the boys was now within sight. Calculating the distance to the next town, it would take an estimation of 45 minutes by running. Folding the note and tucking it back into your pocket, you stared at Tanjiro's maroon eyes. Warmth spread all over your body.

"Will be alright carrying Zenitsu, Tanji?" You asked with a worried tone.

"Yeah. I'll be fine~ It's not that big of a deal anyway." Tanjiro smiled as he shifted his weight once more.

Thinking of a way to help him, a candle lit up in your brain. Though you weren't sure if it would work, the result of waking up the blonde would most probably help Tanjiro in the long run.

Lifting a hand up, you began to cup Zenitsu's cheek. That small action caused him to stir a tiny bit. Tanjiro stared at the scenario and somewhat hoped that that would wake the boy. Leaning in towards Zenitsu's ear, in your most seductive voice, you whispered to him.

"Till we meet again my husband~"

Safe to say, it worked and the boy practically leaped out of Tanjiro's arms and engulfed you in a tight hug. Tanjiro simply mouthed his thanks while you patted Zenitsu's shoulder and slowly pulled yourself away from him. It took a while to escape but you now found yourself waving farewell to the three boys as they began to walk straight forward.

Taking in the sunset, you began your quiet journey to the next town. Once the skies would turn dark, that's when you would start picking up your pace to avoid any unnecessary demons along the way. The air was a little too humid for you taste but nothing too much to handle. Crows could be heard every now and then but Karasutori didn't appear which made you thankful that you had enough time to meet up with the raven haired man.

On the 20th minute mark, you were now halfway to town. Catching your breath, you began to walk. The stars were now shining brightly in the sky. The lights from the houses were now visible. The humidity had now disappeared and you thanked the kakushi's for the warmth your uniform had to offer.

Halting in your tracks, you saw a familiar form not too far from where you were standing. His two swords resting on his back was a sight you would not miss, and the fact that he was tall too. His white hair glowed under the moonlight. The bangles wrapped on his arm were really accentuating how ripped he was.