Savior

a/n: things get a little gory here my friends...

- - - - -

The last thing you saw was grass, dirt, and strands of your hair. For a short moment, all you could hear was the beating of your heart and nothing else. Each little spasm your body made, you would momentarily feel it before going numb. The distant croak of Karasutori was still audible every few seconds.

Your left eye shed a few tears. Yet once they seeped into the right eye, the ticklish sensation would vanish. Just like before.

- -

"Stand your grounds, everyone." You instructed the 8 tsuchinoe's. Despite them being high up in the chain, none of you were prepared to battle an upper moon. The silence made the quivering of their hilts loud. Scanning your area, it was safe enough as a hideout. For how many more minutes, you weren't sure.

It was dark but you could make out who was who and who were crying. Chewing your inner cheek, you couldn't help but think that today was a cursed day.

From the start, each of them gave you a funny look. You, a small child, carrying a title so close to a hashira, was given the command to lead the expedition. It was clear as day why they looked at you as if you did something wrong. The fact that they knew what kind of sword and breath you used was all too controversial for them. Of course, they kept their mouths shut. It was the negativity and judgmental auras giving them off.

Should the demon be destroyed, that would only mean a demon wielding slayer would become one step closer to a hashira. Ironic, that's what they labelled it to be.

'Do not listen to them, child.' The demon reached out to you. Its voice sending chills down your spine.

'I can't help it.'

The sound of a tsuchinoe gasping caught your attention. Her eyes widened with shock at the sight she was seeing. Cautiously, you took a peak and observed how the demon was now walking towards your little hideout.

'You trust me, do you not?' The soul asked. Voice a tad louder than you'd like.

There was a pause on your end followed by a grunt of disapproval. The hilt of your sword began to quiver. Gripping tightly, you managed to calm it down before a small figure came running past all of you. It scurried and began flailing its arms around. Realizing its actions, you unsheathed your blade, all while slicing the healed laceration on your hand.

"Take cover!" You yelled to your companions who complied with a 3 second delay. Sounds of lighting could be heard and a bright yellow light showed itself. Thank gods they were fast enough to teleport their way out. "Breath of Blood: 1st form: Shinigami no kana."

Showing yourself, you were met with an angry looking demon. His yukata bore 2 different patterns. On his hand was a staff with metal rings attached to it's tip by a loop.

Before the lightning passed your line of sight, you dragged the tip of your sword to the ground and slashed it upward. The upward motion strong enough to produce air and black mist. Inhaling deeply, you took a step forward and waited for the lightning bolt to pass. A faint yellow glow gave its location away. With one more powerful slice, the lightning and your blade collided causing a huge gust of wind.

Your companions stared at awe at the sight they had just witnessed. Guilt rising up their consciences for having thought so ill of you. Seeing how someone as young as you still managed to stand ground made them confident that things might turn out okay.