Black Mist

As I was putting this into writing... I only just realized that it's hard to describe sword fighting scenes I had to rewrite this twice and i'm not sure if im satisfied with this huhu :'( I tried my best and I hope it wasn't too rushed or anything~ enjoy :)

- - - - -

"Stay alert, (Y/N)." Giyu ordered. His eyes focused on the demon. Waiting as to what its next move was.

Being face to face with the demon with 3 of its eyes closed had you hoping that things would get easier. How the demon had to do that in order to blink away dust that had gotten into its eyes. Of course, all those were merely wishful thinking when the area surrounding the demon began to bend and constrict.

Black and greenish material began to emerge. Clumping with one another till they formed masses.

"Don't let them materialize." Giyu said as he dashed towards the demon. Cursing at himself for how he froze and gave them a considerable amount of time to prepare. "Split up. I'll take the original one."

Nodding at his command, you inhaled deeply. This needed to be a quick battle to ensure low risk of injuries.

Charging towards the forming masses, you weighed out your options. Should you directly use your breathing techniques? If you will, then the chances of you getting worn out would be quite early. If needed, you'd have to stick to the first 5 forms. Perhaps knowing what the demon's body's structure would help in further defeating the demon. One strike kills would have to be the best option to aid Giyu in defeating the main one.

As you inched closer and closer to the demon, you skidded on your feet. The bodies had vanished from your line of sight. The blade was not leaning to any direction whatsoever. Trying to sniff out the demons, you jumped on time and avoided the a powerful swing of it's clawed arms. Maneuvering on time, you barely dodged the second body who tried to hit you with a gust of steam.

Landing a few meters away from them, you tightened your hold on the hilt. You let go of your breath and inhaled once again. It was clear by now that this wasn't just any kind of demon. Glancing at your Nichirin Blade, it was time to have a little chat with its soul.

'Talk to me.'

'Something is not right.' The blade's soul replied. It had been quite some time since the two of you communicated. Of course, the demon leaning and providing the whereabouts was one but to actually hear the tremor of its voice was just different.

'Yeah, no shit. What are they?'

'Replicas but each of their strengths equal to the original.' It began to explain. 'I do not feel stable. Proceed with caution, (Y/N).'

Furrowing your brows at its statement, you ran towards the demon once more. Testing to see what its skin felt like to your blade. Evading a few attacks here and there, you managed to slice the torso. The body was rather tough and it took a small amount of force to fully make a cut.

Giving you and the demon some good distance, this gave you ample time to think. Now that you had a clue as to how hard the skin was, you deduced that the 1st five forms would be nothing but useless. Remembering that your Nichirin blade wasn't stable, the risk of losing control would happen once more. All you could do was to scold yourself for not using your blade as much as possible.

Going into position, you readied yourself to attack. If this would now work, you would have to suck it all in and hope for the best. You could already feel it, anyway. The signs of the possibility of losing control. Luckily, your haori was resting on your shoulder. Maybe things would be different.