The Demon

"How much longer till we arrive?" You asked your companion. The two of you had begun your journey westward. Recalling what time you had left the manor, it was an estimated 2 hours since your departure. But, you weren't sure.

"I can't tell yet. But it's over that mountain."Giyu replied with his eyes set on the amazing view before him. For his calculations, the foot of the mountain would be 20 minutes from where the two of you were resting. The walk going down would probably take 45 minutes should things go smoothly.

Your eyes followed his gaze and a groan slipped your mouth. As much as you felt the drive to slay each demon in your path, traveling was always a menace. Sometimes you wished that the distance wouldn't reach an hour. Or maybe you just needed to brush up on your cardio. Gods you hated cardio so much.

The two of you were now walking rather leisurely through the open grass field. The sun high up in the sky caused the scattered flowers to glow. The breeze was the perfect temperature as well. Following the small trail towards the foot, your fingertips brushed the tall blades of grass from time to time. Whenever you'd look up, two birds were circling the two of you. Ready to report for any sudden changes in the surroundings.

Many steps later, the open field was now replaced by trees as far as the eye could see. The temperature dropped once you two were now deep into the mountain. Sometimes the two of you would stay on the ground. When the terrain was tough, you'd settle for jumping from tree to tree till the trail was within sight once more.

There wasn't much conversation going on seeing that energy needed to be conserved. Luckily, you were used to his ways. By the time your feet touched the ground, the rooftops of the town were now visible.

"I was thinking..." You initiated conversation seeing that your destination was now within reach. "What in the world was running through your head when I kissed you?"

Giyu's eyes widened a fraction at the question. Managing his composure quickly, he couldn't help but show a very small smile at the thoughts of being kissed by the person he likes.

"A lot of things." His eyes glued to the road. "Your lips are very soft."

"If ever you want to kiss me, I give you full permission to do it whenever you want." You nudged his elbow. When his eyes met yours, you gave him a playful wink. Though you were met with a deadpan expression, you knew full well he took it into deep consideration. Now that the ice had cracked, your flirting with him was now often rewarded with small smiles and a pat on the head. (But he's still oblivious as hell. Still cute though.)

"Are we going to share another futon tonight?" He asked. Mentally, he gave himself a pat on the shoulder. Good work on initiating, Tomioka Giyu! That's what he thought to himself.

"If you want. I'd love to, though." Sliding your hand on his arm, he adjusted a bit so you could easily hold on to him. "I find your hugs very comforting."

Using his free hand, he patted your head. Showing him a toothy smile, his stomach churned with butterflies knowing he made you happy.

Sliding your hand away from his arm, the two of you were now in the entrance of the town. Everything seemed peaceful but tension could be felt. Each pair of eyes would follow you both. Occasional whispers could be picked up from the townsfolk. Searching for any Wisteria crested houses, there was none. Instead, all you could settle for was an inn. Though it wasn't too shabby, the location was perfect.

"You can take the first watch." Offering to Giyu as you sat down on the comfy futon. "Come to think of it, what kind of demon do you think is here?"

"I'm not sure if I can answer that." As he was about to head out to the door, he stopped in his tracks. Turning on his heel to face you. Your expression told him that you were not expecting him to do that at all. Walking his way towards you, he crouched beside you. "Be safe."