Chapter Thirty-Three

Right now very slowly sit up,” he instructed.

“Oh I’ll help,” sat next to me supporting my back as I laid up “Deep breaths Ellie it’s only blood,” she reminded herself.

“Ellie hold this on her head,” he handed her a large square piece of dressing, I hissed inwards when she put pressure on the wound.

“Sorry,” she squeaked. Jared got up and came to my other side winding out a roll of bandage which he wrapped round my head going from the back to over my forehead.

“Right, I’m taking you to hospital.” I was going to argue and say I’m fine but to be honest, I’m really not.

“Ellie you go home your mum is probably waiting in the car park.”

“But-“

“I will be fine it’s only a scratch.” I assured.

“Okay,” she sighed wrapping her arms round me “I’ll see you tomorrow.” She sighed. We stayed silent as she walked back to the doors and disappeared. I took a deep breath before bending my legs and standing, I only got halfway before my I lost my bearings and nearly fell back down.

“it’s alright I’ve got you,”

“I can walk,”

“I don’t think you can,” he chuckled “put your arm around my neck.” Once again I had to prevent myself from arguing back and remembered Ellie’s words ‘just go with it’ well this is me just…going with it. I put my arm round his neck and was soon whisked off my feet and into his arms. I felt so drugged up and tired which assisted me in resting my head against his shoulder.

Like on Halloween I’d been placed in the passenger seat with him securing my seatbelt.

“You might be needing this,” he revealed a small white sick bag out of his pocket. I took it from him and laughed, it’s like he can read me like a book.

“Amy? We’re here,” my eyes peeled open, I didn’t even realise I nodded off to sleep. He undone the seatbelt then I felt his am slip under my knees lifting me from the seat. I was in a daze as he walked through the darkness of the car park and into A&E, the bright lights made me squint as we arrived in the waiting room.

“Hello what’s her name and date of birth?”

“Amy Brown, first of August ninety-five.” The receptionist tapped away on the keyboard.

“What’s the injury, how did it happen and how long ago?”

“Large laceration to the back of her head she slipped over on the garden steps and about forty-five minutes ago.”

“And are you a relative?”

“Friend.”

“Okay if you follow Doctor Stone he’ll show you to the cubicles.”

“Thank you.” I felt so sleepy and peaceful in his arms I didn’t want to be put down.

“Hello Amy how are you feeling?” he asked as we walked down a corridor

“Sick and tired,” I stated bluntly.

“Alright well we’ll get you fixed up right away. You’re not allergic to anything are you? Like latex or paracetamo?l”

“Nope no allergies.”

“Great,” he peeled on a pair of latex gloves he retrieved from his pocket “If you’d like to put her there please,” he opened the curtain to a cubicle “You don’t mind if I ask you to wait outside do you?”