II↠

I stood there shocked for a little bit thinking about how courageous he was to help me, and the intensity of his eyes, and how they reminded me of coffee the way they woke me up and made me more aware. I have I find out who he is.

Brushing the invisible dirt off my knees, I picked up my backpack and charged the way that I had seen him. As I made my way down the corridor, I saw a hoodie. The same band hoodie the boy had on. I could make out the band he has on the back now; The red hot chili peppers.

"Hey wait up!" I yelled trying to force my small legs to go faster. The hooded figure turned and when he saw me barreling towards him, quickly turned to the exit and slammed through. That didn't faze me though, as I continued to follow him until I reached the lining of a forest by the parking lot. Chances are I wouldn't catch him and get lost. Besides, I needed to get my class schedule.

With a disappointed frown, I made my way back to the office where the Red Sea has apparently been cleaned up. After getting my schedule I made my way to homeroom and slumped in my seat.Looks like I'm going exploring later on.

↠↠↠↠

"Shit." I muttered trying to clear the ink from my hand due to writing with my left hand and my bleeding pen causing my work to smudge. I cleared the ink then looked at my writing.

There was something in his eyes.He was anxious. Restless. I don't know how I could see anything in those dark eyes of his, but I'm glad I can appreciate them. I never appreciate anything, that's what my mom says, I never appreciate the money she brings home to afford our apartment. I never used to appreciate the stories my father told me. But I appreciate his eyes, they were coffee colored but like the coffee is sitting outside at night and you can see the reflection of the stars in them. They're beautiful. He's beautiful.

With a sigh I closed my little black leather journal and slipped it into my book bag as I got out of my chair in the little coin laundry at the corner of my house.

"You really should get going home doll, your mama's probably worried sick about you." The woman, who's name tag says Sarah, says her chin resting on her hand and blowing her gum into bubbles. "Yeah, probably." I answer not really meaning it, just trying to not give out any information. I take my hamper of clothes and make my way out and into the rain, in search of the bus stop. Did I come from the left or the right? I decide to go with right and started my walk down the water stained pavement singing the tune to one of my favorite songs.

It was already dark out, the sky painted with stars just waiting for me to connect the constellations. "Knee socks." A voice startled me making me stop my whistling and drop my basket. I looked to the side to see a boy around my age standing there with his hands in his hoodie pockets, I couldn't make out his features though, since it's pretty dark."Pardon?" I replied dumbly, but his voice was raspy and attractive and I was picking up my mom's lingerie from the floor."The song you were whistling. Arctic monkeys. They're one of my favorite bands." He says helping me pick the clothes off the floor and chuckling slightly when he picked up my mom's bra.When it finally clicked into place what he was talking about, I replied "Oh yeah, mines too actually." After picking up the clothes we stand up and sigh. "You go to Silverspoon high right ? I saw you around today." He asks and returns to putting his hands in his hoodie pockets. "Yeah today was my first day." I say walking down the path again hiding my face with my hair. "Oh that sucks. Silverspoon is probably the worst high school in Arizona despite what the name implies. I have to go so I'll catch you around ?" He asks standing in the light of a street light and putting his hood down so I can see his features.

"Yeah, sure." I say but my thoughts weren't coherent, because it was the same eyes that I had seen earlier, that I had written about, that had saved me. But before I can get another word out, he had already sprinted away.

author's note↠Helloooooooo people who actually read this story :-) thanks so much for reading and people are actually voting I'm surprised guao. The picture is of Nova running after the hooded figure btw.

cass xx