VII↠

I walk down the now familiar stained carpet of my apartment building and walk down the rusty steps in a quick rhythm almost tripping at the bottom but thankfully catching myself.

"Always a clumsy one, eh?" Says a voice. But not a voice I was hoping to hear. I look up from my raggedy sneakers only to be face to face with Kyle. Of-fucking-course he would show up now. From upstairs I can hear a muffled yell, probably coming from my mom and I pretend not to hear it, suppressing a shudder of disgust. Stupid thin ass wall.

"That's your mum huh?" The shit in teenagers clothing asks, his chapped lips pulled upward in a disgusting smirk, as if he knows something I don't. He steps foreword and I instinctively take a step back, my shit shoes losing balance on the rusty staircase so I fall on my ass, the old metal grating my ankle. He leans closer to me and puts his hand on the step behind me with a twisted face.

"My dad always had had a way with women." He says pulling away and walking down the old stained rug to the street. Illiterate asshole. He said had.
Wait a second... Fuck.

↠↠↠↠

We walk to my apartment hand in hand a couple hours after school walking down the cracked sidewalk and half walking and half skipping talking about everything up down and in between. It was already sunset and the shops still looked alive.

After walking past several restaurants I came across a small little diner. It was red in color the floor checkerboard and the walls covered in old posters that look about ready to peel. I loved it.

I dragged Andrew by the hand into the place as he was in another one of his discussions about chocolate chip cookies. I sit on the swivel leather stool Andrew following shortly.

"Why must you always disrupt my chocolate chip cookie discussion?" He asks with a teasing smile which I return.

"Sugar cookies for the win, son." I reply with a playful smile. I turn to the woman in front of me who oddly resembles Santa Clause's wife.

"Can I get a chocolate chip cookie, a sugar cookie, and a black coffee please?" I ask and she nods sweetly turning around to get the things I order.

"Black coffee?" Andrew asks with his nose scrunched up a look of disgust on his face. I shrug and take the things from the old woman giving her the little money I have and walking out of the diner. The sky is already dark and I smile running ahead of Andrew plopping myself down on a bus bench placing the coffee next to me. I look into it and giggle motioning for Andrew to look inside.

"This is what your eyes look like." I say admiring the coffee inside the white styrofoam cup.

"My eyes look black?" He asks not getting it at all and I make a face and explain.

"They're dark but it looks like the stars are reflected in them it's beautiful really, I love them." I look up and he's staring at me a strange look on his face, I don't know what it is, but I quite like it.

He leans in close, his eyes trained on my lips and for a second I think he's gonna kiss me but he detours and plants one on my nose.

And I quite like it.

author's note↠

Everybody should go read @teenagexnightmare 's story "Saving Everest" because it is definitely one of my favorites and it deserves so much more reads/votes then it gets. :-)

But tHIS STORY HAS 300 READS THANK YOU SO MUCH !!1!1!1!1!1!!1!