Chapter 2

Angie's POV

"I don't see why he has to come all the way out here just so you can tell him we are dating." Stated Greg as we walked into work together. We both worked at the school together, which is obviously how we met. Honestly, German doesn't have to come all the way out here just to know I have a boyfriend. I'm using it as an excuse to see him.

"Please, Greg. He's my best friend. I just want to see him, that's all." I'm also kind of nervous about what German will say. I've never really had a serious boyfriend before. I never told German this, but I used to have this little crush on him... Besides, it's just very important for my best friend to get along with my boyfriend.

Greg let out a sigh and kissed me on the cheek. "Alright, I'll see you later okay?"

"See you later!" I smiled before heading to my classroom. Honestly, I love my job and it took me ages to get where I am, but knowing my best friend was coming to see me made my job even easier! I was in a good mood all the time!

The school day was over and I logged straight on my email to see an email from German right at the top.

To: Angie
Subject: flight times!

Bonjour, Angie! Good news! My flight is booked and I will be with you on Monday. I should be at your airport at around 5pm. My flight back is on Thursday morning, so we don't have that long together, but I have to get back to my job. Can't wait to see you standing there. See you soon!

Love, German. x

Monday to Thursday. That doesn't give us long at all. I have to book these days off work. That should be okay, I haven't had one day off since I started working here. I have so much planned. I can't wait!

"Hey, Angie! Are you ready to go to lunch?" Asked Rosie, who was popping her head round the classroom door. I slammed the laptop lid shut and quickly shoved it in my bag.

"Ready!" I smiled.

***

"So, I'm finally going to meet the famous German Castillo?" Questioned Rosie, raising her eyebrow, after I told her about German coming out here. I talk about German all the time to Rosie. She probably gets fed up of me talking about him, but I don't care.

"Yes!" I almost shouted with excitement.

"Brilliant! And what about Greg, is he going to meet him too?"

I went silent at this question and just took a sip of tea.

"Angie..." she started. I just continued to drink my tea. "Angie, German doesn't know about Greg, does he?" She asked, again raising her eyebrow.

"I'm going to tell him when he arrives!" I protested.

"What if German has other ideas?" She questioned.

"Other ideas?" I repeated, "what are you talking about?"

"Well... what if he comes here to tell you he's in love with you, I mean this is the city of love! Think about how heart broken he'd be if he's about to tell you he loves you and you tell him you have a boyfriend! I think you should warn him."

"Oh, Rosie don't be so ridiculous!" I laughed. However, I can't tell you how many times I have dreamed about something like this... but that's in the past. I moved on as I knew I never had a chance with German. The things Rosie was saying were ridiculous. German is coming to France as my best friend and that's all. Rosie is just a hopeless romantic, who writes romantic novels in her spare time.

"Alright... so you wouldn't care if German falls in love with another woman when he arrives?"

"Actually, I think German having a woman in his life would do him some good. He hasn't had a serious relationship since his wife passed away all those years ago." Lies, it was all lies. I didn't want him to fall in love. I wanted him all to myself. I'm a terrible best friend...