Chapter 10

German's POV

After Angie had a quick phone call with Vilu, thanking her for her presents, we made our way to the spa. I was not looking forward to it.

"Come on Angie, can't I just wait here for you?" I begged.

"Do I have to blackmail you again to get you to do what I want?" She quickly replied, dragging me towards the spar entrance. "Come on! Look!" She said as she pointed in direction to a poster. "We go in as a pair! You won't be doing it alone! Plus, lots of males do this. It's not just a feminine thing."

Angie always had this special hold on me. Maybe it's because I'm totally and utterly, crazily in love with her. I don't know, but in the end, I always do what she wants me to do.

"Alright, come on then." I sighed as I gave her a little smile.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you! I love you!" She shouted, before dragging me into the spa.

When we entered the spa there were plenty of couples in there, so I wasn't the only man. That made me feel a lot better.

***

"See, that wasn't so bad!" She sighed as we made our way to the bar. "Don't you feel relaxed?" She sighed.

I snorted. "Yeah, there's nothing more relaxing than wearing a towel while somebody stands poking at you skin."

She rolled her eyes at me. "Well that's one way to describe a massage."

She was right though, it wasn't as bad as I'd expected, but I wasn't going to admit that. It was actually rather relaxing. Being able to do it with Angie made it even better though.

"What would you like to drink?" I said as I pulled out my wallet.

"I'll just have a glass of lemonade please."

"Make that two." I say to the bartender before putting money on the bar.

I was looking around the room when a notice board saying that the pool is closed today. Angie noticed it too.

"Damn. I wanted to go in the pool today." She pouted.

"We can go in tomorrow, don't worry." I reassured her.

"No we can't, Rosie is coming, remember? " she said sadly.

"Oh, yeah, of course." I'm actually kind of nervous to meet Rosie. She is Angie's closets friends here in France and me and Angie's friends have never seen eye to eye.

Angie carefully picked up her drink and took a big sip.

"Could you excuse me for a second, I have something I need to do." I said before quickly getting up and leaving the bar.

Angie's POV

German quickly got up and left me sitting at the bar alone. It was probably a business thing. I thought it would be the perfect time to check my messages from Greg. Nothing. Not even a happy birthday text. Did he forget? No, probably not. He won't have. Or did he? I don't know, but not hearing from him seemed weird...

I was deep in thought when I felt someone's hands creep up on me, tapping me on the shoulders and making me jump.

"Jesus!" I shouted.

"No, German." He joked.

I rolled my eyes at him as he sat down on the stool. "So funny." I said sarcastically.

"Alright, blondie. Don't be so grouchy, it's your birthday!" He said whilst jabbing me in the stomach.

I gave him a sarcastic smile before taking a sip of lemonade.

"So where did you disappear to?" I asked curiously.

"Business stuff." He quickly replied.

"Is everything okay?"

"Everything is perfect."