Chapter 8

German's POV.

I woke up to see Angie lying there in my arms. She looked so peaceful, so happy, so beautiful. I wish I could wake up to this everyday. But I'm not that lucky. I have been 'friend zoned' as Vilu calls it.

Today is Angie's birthday and I plan to get up before her. I have some decorations in my bag with her present.

I sneaked out of bed, being careful not to wake her, and went to my bag. I had a few 'birthday girl' banners to put up. They are for little kids, but I think she'll see the funny side of it. I taped a few up on the walls and on the door. I stood on the little dressing table and tried to place one on the wall above it. I reached forward to tape it when I lost my balance and fell. I fell to floor with a bang. How embarrassing.

"What was that?!" Angie shouted as she shot up out of bed. She looked over at where I was and I could see she was trying her best not to laugh. "Are you okay?!" She shouted as she ran over to where I was.

"I'm great." I grunted. I tried to move but it hurt too much, so just stayed where I was.

"What were you doing? How did you fall?" She asked. But I didn't have I answer because as she looked up she saw the decorations on the wall.

"Happy birthday." I smiled as I tried to sit up. Angie held my arms and helped me up.

"You're getting old." She teased as we sat on the bed together.

"Hey, so are you, birthday girl." I teased as I poked her in the ribs.

"Stop it!" She said as she slapped my hand away. I laughed at her and how grumpy she was being. She never was a morning person.

I jumped back off the bed and rummaged around in my bag for her Birthday presents.

"Here." I smiled as I sat back down beside her with the presents. She gave me a big smile before going for Vilu's present first. I watched her as she carefully unwrapped it. I was intrigued, because I didn't know what Vilu had gotten her.

"Oh, it's beautiful, look!" She smiled as she pulled out a photo in a gold fancy frame. It was an old picture of the three of us. When Angie has brown hair and Vilu has long hair, they've both changed a lot.

I smiled at Angie as I watched her admire the photo. "I love it," she whispered. As she did, a small tear rolled down her cheek.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I asked as I wiped her tear away.

"I miss Vilu." She said with a sad smile.

"Come here," I said as I pulled her into a hug. "Vilu is on tour in buenos aires next month and she asked if you would come over to see her. She misses you too."

"What?" She said as she pulled away. Her eyes were glistening and her smile was bigger than ever. "Why didn't you say anything?! This is great! I can't wait!"

I smiled back at her and slowly passed her my present. Only one of them. I was saving the other for later.

"What's this?" She asked. She shook the box and it made a noise.

"Open it and see."

As Angie opened the present, she removed some of the paper and immediately knew what it was. Her favourite pick and mix from back home.

"Are you trying to make me cry again?!" She said excitedly before ripping the rest of the paper off. "I haven't had one of those in so long!"

"I'm glad you like it." I smiled at her.

"I love it. But the best present is just you being here with me."