Chapter 5

German's POV

As we approached Angie's car, I couldn't help but smile. It's a little red mini. When we were growing up, she always said that this was the car she wanted.

"So, you really did it." I smiled as Angie started up the car.

"Did what?"

"You really did everything you said you were going to do. You got the job of your dreams and the car of your dreams."

"Well, it's wasn't easy. I had to leave someone I love very much behind to start my life here." She smiled at me and I knew she was talking about me.

"Well in sure he doesn't mind. I'm sure he's glad you're happy and only wants the best for you." I replied, playing along.

"I hope so." She smiled.

"I know so." I smiled back.

We drove for a little while before pulling into a car park of a hotel. Angie lived in a hotel?

"You didn't tell me you lived in a hotel!"

Angie let out a laugh. "That's because I don't. We are staying here because my... roommate takes up the second room so there's nowhere for you to sleep."

"You didn't have to book us into a hotel, I could've just slept on the sofa. Honestly, it's no trouble!" I insisted.

"No, no, no!" She objected a little too much. Something tells me she doesn't want me to see where she lives... I raised my eyebrow at her in confusion. "I mean, it's already payed for now and I'm friends with the manager so she gave me a good deal." She quickly added, calmer this time.

***

"What do you mean you double booked our room?" Stressed Angie, who was now arguing with the hotel receptionist.

"I'm sorry, Miss. I do not know how this happened. We do have one more room available." replied the receptionist with his very strong French accent.

"Great. We'll take it!" She replied.

"But it has only one bed." He quickly added.

I jumped in and grabbed Angie's arm gently. "Angie, come on. It's fine, I don't mind sleeping on your sofa."

"No, no! It's fine! I mean we have had sleepovers many times before! It will be like the old times." She argued. Why didn't she want me to go to her place?

"Miss, will you be taking the room or not?" Sighed the receptionist who was clearly growing inpatient with us.

"Yes! we will!" Said Angie, before I had the chance to say anything.

We walked to the room in silence, I was just amazed by the hotel. I could see advertisements for the hot tub, the spar, three course meals, everything! I'd been on lots of business meetings before and stayed in lots of hotels, but this is by far the greatest one I've seen.

Angie pulled the door open and stood there in amazement before running and jumping straight onto the bed. I laughed at her before running over and jumping on the bed too. I turned on my side to see Angie already on her side looking at me. I looked into her big blue eyes and melted.

"So what do you want to do for your birthday?" I whispered. I felt bad that I didn't have anything planned, but it was all so last minute.

"I don't want to do much. Just having you here is enough for me." She whispered back at me, looking me in the eye.