6

Winnie smiled at Calvin as he adjusted her chair for her, She sat and put her purse and phone on the table.

"Where is mom Katherine? I thought you told me she was already here," she asked him as he sat down.

"Oh yeah, She texted me that she was already here. Umm wait I'll give her a call," He told her as he looked around the restaurant to see if he can spot her while he take his phone out of his coat and rang the only number in his speed dial.

He stopped when the call got connected, "Mom" he paused to listen to the other end, "I'm in the restaurant, where are you?" "Oh okay, alright."

He disconnected the call and look at Winnie, "She met an old friend outside, she is coming up now," he told Winnie. Winnie nodded.

"Should we start looking at the menu as we wait for her?" he suggested.

"That seems like a good idea," Winnie smiled and proceeded to keep herself occupied with the menu but in reality her mind was anywhere but on the menu, she didn't care about the food, anything was alright with her. She just kept thinking about her plan. She secretively scanned the place as her face was covered by the menu. She was cut off by the sound of heels, she looked at the direction of the sound and a smile immediately filled her face.

"Mom Katherine!!" she shouted as she stood and hug her tightly.

"Oh Winnie," she muttered fondly as she hugged her back.

They parted from the hug, Katherine took Winnie's hand and smiled fondly at her.

"How have you been? I really missed you."

"I have been okay. I missed you too," Winnie answered.

"I'm so happy you agreed to come. Cal told me you rarely come out of your room nowadays."

"I'm so sorry, things haven't been that good lately. But I was going to visit you soon, I really was. Either way I'm glad I got to meet you here today like this and have a meal with you," Winnie smiled at her.

"Me too," Katherine smiled back even wider. They all were grinning at that point.

"Wait...have you been getting younger and prettier??" Winnie suddenly commented as she playfully moved back a little to have a full view of her.

"Oh please. Are you mocking me!? I probably look as a maid comparing to you, I should have tried harder if I knew you were going to dress up, you already are too beautiful without dressing up as it is," She remarked.

"How much I missed your sense of humor!!" Winnie smiled.

"But I'm serious," she answered with a poker face and they all started laughing.

They were cut off by the sudden cough from the table, they looked to where it came from.

"Oh Cal," Katherine called him with a smile on her face. She almost forgot he was there.

"Finally someone notices me. Thank you," He commented.

She laughed hard and went to hug him too, "Forgive me, I haven't seen Winnie in a while."

"You're forgiven," he smiled at her.

They all sat down. Right away the waiter came and they all gave their orders. After few minutes he brought what they ordered and they started to eat.

"Calvin, why didn't you tell me about Esha?" Katherine suddenly asked.

"Esha! What about her?" he asked, having no idea what she was referring to.

"Haven't you talked to Haroon recently?" Katherine looked surprised.

"Did something happen to Haroon's mom?" Winnie asked her. Winnie has never met Esha but she heard about her and the rest from Michael. At that point she felt like she knew the whole circle.