9

Haroon was walking home, a lot of thoughts in his head. He saw a figure standing outside his house. He walked closer and saw that it was someone he knew.

He approached her, "Winnie!! What are you doing here?"

"What!? Can't I just randomly come and visit you?" She asked him jokingly.

"Of course you can. Wanna come in and have tea or something?" He asked before scoffing in realization, "I don't even think I do have tea or anything at all."

"Are you okay?" she asked him, concerned.

"Yeah I am," He smiled but his eyes said otherwise. Winnie didn't miss that, she also didn't miss the small dark circles under his eyes, neither his untrimmed hair that were a bit long from how he always had them, or the small growing beards from the usual clean face he always had, and his worn out, not so clean clothes and boots that covered his thin pale body. Her heart pained seeing his haggard look he was trying so hard to mask with his smiles.

"I'm so sorry Haroon," Winnie said sadly. "And I'm sorry I couldn't come sooner. I only heard of it few hours ago from mom Katherine."

"It's ok. Thanks for coming. And you didn't have to come this late, you should have just visit tomorrow."

"It's because I don't think I'll be here tomorrow."

"Why? Are you going somewhere? Is that why you're all dressed up," Haroon asked, refering to the bright red dress and high heels she was wearing.

Winnie looked down at the brand limited dress she was wearing, she hated red. She has never been a fan of it, especially the bright shade she was wearing.

"No, I had to dress up to be able to get out of the house," She rolled her eyes at that. "I'm going to get some fresh air. And clear my head, come with the new plan. Changing my parents while I'm at it."

"Are you running away from home?" Haroon's eyes widened.

"Yep," she snickered "I didn't even run away at home when I was a teen and here I am."

"Why? Did something happen?" Haroon asked in concern.

"They're forcing me to marry Calvin."

"Oh! That must be awful."

"Why? Isn't Calvin your best friend!!" Winnie was surprised at his comment.

"No, I meant it's awful to be forced to marry someone against your will," He said "But also You and Calvin don't look good together"

"Exactly. Why can't he just see that? He thinks he can just buy my love with money!" She rolled her eyes.

"I see he still hasn't changed," he snickered. "But Calvin is a good guy, it's just that sometimes his methods ain't right."

"I know! But I don't know why I just can't warm up to him, even back then I was always kind of uncomfortable around him," Winnie shivered just thinking about those times, those stares. So awkward!

"He can be like that sometimes," he smiled "I remember I myself was so uncomfortable around him when I first met him, he looked like the types that would always bully me. If it wasn't for Michael I don't think I would have ever befriended him. Michael was the one who brought us three together." 

"Is that why you guys don't talk nowadays? Because Michael is not here?" Winnie asked him, avoiding the sharp pain she felt in her heart as she mentioned his name, "Calvin didn't even know your Mom passed away, for a minute I felt sorry for him. He seemed shocked and hurt."

Haroon just looked down, It's true they haven't been as they used to be ever since Michael died. How could they?

"You guys shouldn't be like that! Michael would've wanted you guys to continue to be together even when he is not around," Winnie told him "I know what you guys mean to each other. Michael wouldn't go a day without mentioning at least one of you."