19

Haroon walked through the big sliding glass door into the building. He looked at the mass of busy people wearing suits going around, he looked up to see the beautiful well designed interior. He has never been inside the building, however he has passed outside it a lot of times.

Haroon approached the reception desk and there was a man in a suit sitting in it.

"Good Morning, how may I help you?" the man asked him.

"May I speak to Calvin?" Haroon politely inquired.

"What's his last name? Which department is he in?" the man questioned.

"Calvin Borris, I don't know about the department but the position is CEO," Haroon answered.

The man responded with a laugh.

"Listen Man, I've got no time for these games. Please leave," the receptionist told him.

"What do you mean? I've to see him," Haroon insisted.

"Do you have an appointment?" the receptionist asked in annoyance.

"No, I don't."

"You can't see him without an appointment," the man sighed. "Here, just fill the form to request for an appointment, they'll call your number to tell you the date... if your request is ever accepted."

"We're in a relationship where we can see each other without an appointment, just ring to inform him and I'll leave if he refuses."

"Man, are you crazy? Do you think just anyone can come in here and speak with the CEO?" the man asked him furiously.

"I'm not crazy. We're close enough."

"Then ring him yourself to tell him you're here. Unless...you don't have his phone number! Then that means you're not close enough. So please leave and stop wasting my time. Otherwise I'll call security guards to drag you out of here," the man threatened him.

"Please just do me a favor and just ring his office," Haroon pleaded.

"Firstly our CEO is not here yet, but even if he was here I would still not do that. So please leave."

"It's 10 a.m there's no way he is not here yet, don't lie to me and just ring him," Haroon said, getting slightly annoyed.

Without answering anything the receptionist angrily pressed the button and in less than a minute two security guards came and started dragging Haroon out of there. Haroon tried to free himself from the hands of the two guards but they were too strong, or maybe he was the one who was too weak.

As they reach the glass door Calvin with two older men all in suit suddenly walked in, Calvin glanced at the direction of the commotion and without saying anything or showing any sign of knowing him continued walking in the building. The guards continued dragging him out but he held his legs so firm on the ground with all the strength he could muster.

"Calvin!" Haroon called out. Calvin didn't even flinch, he continued walking away.

"Let's turn ourselves in." That did it. Calvin abruptly stopped, turned back and walked towards Haroon so quickly.

"You can go, I know him," Calvin instructed the guards.

The guards bowed a little and freed Haroon. Calvin proceeded to grab Haroon's hand and drag him towards the elevator. The two men who were with Calvin also tried to get in the elevator but Calvin signed his hand to stop them. Calvin pressed the button for the top floor. They all stayed in silent until they reached the rooftop. Calvin who was quietly walking ahead of Haroon suddenly stopped and turned back.