18

"It's about time I meet them now," Micheal told them.

"I don't think that is a very good idea. They tried to kill you once, who knows if they won't try that again," Winnie reasoned.

"Yeah Michael, I agree with Winnie," Katherine added.

"They won't, they were only able to do it then because I never saw it coming. I wasn't prepared. This time it's different," Michael argued.

He added, "I've prolonged this for so long already, I should face them now. I should deal with it."

"Henry, I'm so sorry about what happened to you. If there's anything you want me to do just tell me," Martin told him.

"Uh actually you already helped me with something. I asked your secretary to do something for me without asking you first, I'm really sorry."

"What is it?"

"I asked her to lie to Calvin's secretary that you're out of town for business."

"Were you guys doing business with Calvin all this time?" Katherine exclaimed.

"Umm..." Martin scratched his head trying to recall for a second before turning to Michael, "How does this Calvin relates to my company?"

"He is the owner of the jewelry company that was started five years ago. He used the money from the gemstone to start the company. Calry is the name of the company. Does that ring a bell?"

"Oh that one! The CEO of that one is the Calvin you've been talking about?"

"Yeah...His contract with us was ending this month. I told your secretary to tell him that we won't be renewing it. I'm sorry to do this behind your back. I was going to consult with you and submit business proposals from even better companies which I already started reviewing. I wasn't going to allow the company to suffer a loss from my personal business."

"No, you did the right thing to not renew the contract. And this is no longer a personal business, I wouldn't allow my company to do businesses with a murder."

"Yes, thats right. It's a good thing you did that Son," Katherine nodded to agree. Michael smiled.

"Thanks Dad...And I'm also really thankful for bringing my mom today. I don't know how you found her address that fast without asking me or Winnie but I really appreciate what you did."

"Wait..he doesn't know?" Katherine asked Martin.

"Know what?" Michael asked, confused.

"Umm...she is the woman I've told you about," Martin sheepishly scratched the back of his head.

"What woman?" Michael questioned him, not getting what he was referring.

Martin coughed before saying in a quiet voice, "Uh my best friend I met two nights ago."

"Your first love??" Michael's eyes widened, "MY MOM IS YOUR FIRST LOVE???"

"What!!??" Katherine eyes widened. Martin face palmed himself.

Michael muttered a small sorry to Martin, realizing he wasn't supposed to say that out loud.

"You two were high school sweethearts?" asked Winnie, not well reading the situation.

"No, we were not." Katherine started coughing from choking on her saliva. Michael rubbed her back to soothe her.

"Yeah, we were just friends," Martin answered in dismay.

"Oh! Sorry," muttered Winnie.

"Wait...so does that mean JR is my father Jeremy???" Michael exclaimed.