Fantasy and Forbidden Life

I was numb. Nothing would ever be the same. The children could show up, day after day, watching me, waiting for the guitar player to wish them a happy birthday. My voice has gone dull, so much so that the mechanics were called, and asked to do a check up on my servos. Today we had three birthdays. Which wasn't unusual, but it was still very tiring, singing the same songs over and over again. The lyrics were implanted in my brain. I hated it, every second. The first party was full of kids who wanted photos with the band. One kid even cried until he was able to get one from 'Foxy' that was quite annoying to watch. I thought it would get better as the day continued, but everything seemed to stay the same. Hours and hours of parents going "say cheeeeese" or making the band do weird poses. Bu the third party, all of us were done for the day. I stood in my designated place, nodding off at the voice of the day shift security guard every once and a while. The kids were all watching Freddy, so not that my tiredness mattered. Our sleep schedule had been messed up ever since this whole thing began. "Bonnie, can you say happy birthday to Neveah?" That name snapped me out of my thoughts. Neveah. What was today? The fifth. It couldn't be. I let a tear slip out of my mask as I made eye contact with my 6 year old sister.