3

Her eyes fluttered and slowly opened. She looked around and realized she wasn't home. She realized she was in bed with Nate's hand wrapped around her waist. She sighed and got up carefully and threw her clothes on silently sneaking away from the room and into the living room where she saw McKay sitting on the couch.

"Is my brother still here?" She asked

"Nope he left early" he replied making her nod.

"Okay I'm going to head out. It was nice to meet you" she smiled at him

"Hold up" he stopped her
"You slept with Nate right?" He asked and she nodded once again.

"You're the first girl I've seen walking away before him" he chuckled and looked back at his phone. She slightly smiled and left the house and drove back to her own.

Tomorrow was the first day of school and she wasn't really excited. She was glad that she at least knew some people but she was still nervous. Her brother had a big reputation in high school and she was worried that people would be on top of her head comparing her with him.

"Had fun last night?" Jack asked his sister as soon as she walked into the house.

"Shut up" she spoke bluntly and ran up to her room listening to her brother's laugh. She quickly picked up her phone and called her best friend Suzie

"Morning sunshine" Suzie spoke into the phone

"Why do you have to be a morning person?" Nicole complained

The two talked for hours catching up. Suzie informed her about a party that she went to and met the love of her life and Nicole told her about her and Nate.

"So have you found your plug yet?" Suzie asked

"No man and I'm running out of candy" she sighed looking at a small makeup bag fill with empty baggies that were once filled with pills.

After Nicole was finished talking with her friend she took a long shower and stayed in bed for the rest of the day until she eventually fell asleep and woke up the next morning.

"School day!" Jack yelled as he bursted threw her bed room door and jumped on her bed.

"Wake up asshole it's the first day of school" he takes ripping the covers off her body.
"I'm thankful for the fact that you don't sleep naked" he told her before getting off her bed and waiting for her to get up.

"I hate you" she groaned and got up

"Love you too bro" he smiled and watched his sister walk into her bathroom flipping him off.

Nicole took a quick shower and quickly got dressed not bothering to wear any make up. She threw her sneakers on and popped a pill before walking downstairs and grabbing her car keys.

"You're not going to eat breakfast?" Her brother asked walking towards her.

"Nope" she chuckled and they were out the door and into Nicole's car.

Nicole was alongside her brother as they entered the cafeteria and she waited for him to grab his lunch so they could sit at one of the tables

Nicole was alongside her brother as they entered the cafeteria and she waited for him to grab his lunch so they could sit at one of the tables. Nicole has a weird relationship with food. There were days that she wouldn't eat at all and days that she'd eat everything. She usually wouldn't eat when her mental health wasn't at its best and her not eating was a sign for her.

"You're not eating anything?" Nate asked her as she sat down the table next to her brother and across from Nate.

She was introduced to a couple of other people as well mostly Jack's friends. She also noticed that she was the only girl at the table but she didn't mind. Most of her life she enjoyed guy groups more than girl groups. There was no jealousy or copying and competing with each other when she hung around with boys. Suzie was one of the few girls she had no problem with. Her and Suzie are different people but have so much in common and she has seen a sign of jealousy or competition when she was around her.

She had a lot of toxic girlfriends that's why she has a problem connecting with girls and it often comes out as if she is hungry for sexual attention from the guys.

"I have practice so don't wait for me after school" Jack informed her and she nodded.

A specific girl caught her attention. She had wavy hair and dark skin. She looked tired but also happy. She was laughing with another girl with pastel pink hair who was wearing a colorful outfit. The wavy haired girl glanced at Nicole for a split second and their eyes locked. Nicole slightly smiled and the girl smiled back until Nicole looked away.

"Who's that?" She asked the group nodding towards the girl.

"That's Rue" Mike replied

"She seems cool" she commented

"Yeah she is. She ODed this summer and checked into rehab" Daniel spoke

"Damn..." Nicole said below a whisper looking at her.

She wasn't clean. Nicole knew by her movement. The way her finger was tapping on the table. Every now and then she'd slightly twitch or softly scratch her arm on thigh. It was those little thing that Nicole from personal experience knew were signs of drug abuse. And no. This doesn't apply for weed. Weed is not a drug.

Nicole caught her self sweating during last period. Her leg was bouncing up and down and her eyes were moving left and right around the classroom. The effects of the pill she took in the morning were obviously wearing off and Nicole had nothing to put her in a trance for the rest of the day. She constantly looked at her watch impatient to go home and find something.

As soon as the bell rang she shot up and nearly ran out of the room but was stopped by Nate a couple of meters away from her car.

"You okay?" He asked her.

He had noticed that the girl wasn't on the right state of mind by the way she kept her head down looking left and right. Her eyes couldn't stay steady for more than a second and she was sweating.

"Yeah... I- I just need to go home" she replied avoiding eye contact.

"You sure you're okay?" He asked again concerned

Nicole looked at him as if he had told her he loved her. She hadn't heard those word from somebody except Suzie and her brother in a while. Nicole always seemed as a careless and calm person to others but she really wasn't. Don't get it wrong she was careless about her self and her health but she also cared way too much about certain things.

"I'm not fucking fine I need to go" she confessed calmly and started walking away.

She got in her car and dumped everything out of her bag and searched every single pocket desperately but found nothing. She opened the glove department of her car and reached into the far back. Her hopes where starting to rise when she felt a small plastic bag and when she pulled it out her eyes lit up at the sight of OxyContin.

She immediately swallowed it and sighed putting her head back and placing her hands on the steering wheel. She smiled and sped off on her way home.