Prologue

Jason Todd has lived on the streets his entire life. His father left when he was only a month old, only leaving a leather jacket behind. His mother overdosed on heroin when he was 3, leaving him to fend for himself.

Timothy Drake was raised by the family maid, Mrs.Mac. When he was 5 his parents left him at a Spring festival held in the park. When he realized his parents left him he went to the closest alley and cried himself to sleep. He was woken up by someone digging in his pockets. When he looked up he was met with teal green eyes and ebony black hair.

"I don't have any money, sorry," Tim apologizes. 

"That's okay, what's your name, kid?" the boy asks.

"I'm Tim, what's your name?" he replied.

"Name's Jason, short stack. How old are you anyway?" the boy, sorry, Jason asked.

"I'm 5, what about you?" Tim says.

"I'm 6, why are you alone out here, kid?" Jason asks.

"My parents left me at the festival last night. I knew they would, but it still hurt," Tim said close to tears.

"Hey, you can stay with me, but you will need to learn how to survive on the streets." Jason calmly said.

"Okay, thanks. I know someone who can help us," Tim said.

"Who do you have in mind, Timmy?" Jason asks while helping him up.

"A nice lady and the 2 girls she helps," Tim replies mysteriously.

"What side of the law is she on?" Jason asks skeptically.

"She is in the middle, the girls she houses are more against the law," Tim says.

"Wait, you know Catwoman?" Jason stopped looking down at Tim.

"Yeah, and I know Ivy and Harley. They have been taking care of me when I went out into the city at night. Ivy was in hiding due to the festival or I would have gone to her. Harley and Selina are too far away." Tim says causally.

"Wait, who is Selina?" Jason asked confused.

"Catwoman, of course," Tim says walking off. 

"Ooook, where are we going?" Jason asks jogging to catch up.

"My hideout, they always check it at night in case I stop by," Tim replies.

"So, you had a hideout you could have gone to last night?" Jason asks on guard.

"Sure but, I was too out of it to remember where it was and because of that I probably wouldn't have even made it there," Tim says shrugging it off.

"So you went to an alley?" Jason asks.

"Yeah, no one goes into the alleys near any park, unless it is for safety," Tim says. "Ivy protects people within a  3 block radius."

"Cool, I can't wait to meet them," Jason says.

"I think they're all visiting today. I was supposed to go there today anyway for my check-up with them. C'mon, we're almost there!" Tim says running away laughing. Jason chasing after him happy to have a friend.