Chapter 6

After Batgirl told Batman what happened, along with a coded message about what the Reds did. She gathered the team and went to the living room. They sat in silence for a couple of minutes before someone finally broke it.

"Why are we just sitting here?" Conner asked tensely.

"I am going to tell you a story that isn't very well known," Batgirl said.

"What is it about?" Bart asked curiously.

"It is about the Reds," Batgirl said.

"Everyone be quiet, I want to hear it," Megan says and everyone goes quiet.

"Okay, thank you, Megan," Batgirl sighs. "There is a reason us Bats have contingency plans to take our allies down. That reason is the Reds."

"Hold up, so you're saying the reason you bats are so paranoid?" Wally asks.

"In a word, yes. And before you ask I'll to how and why in a minute," Batgirl says as Garfield opens his mouth to ask. "At the time the Reds were just Catwoman's kids. Next thing we knew they went missing only to show up 2 years later."

"Wait, so they were Stray and Kitten?" Cassie asks.

"Yes, actually Catwoman found them when they were 6 or 7," Batgirl answered. "They had been living together for a year at that point." 

"Wow, that explains their protectiveness. They grew up together," Wally murmured under his breath.

"Okay, continuing the story," Batgirl yelled over all the conversations. "By that point, they were known as the League of Shadows main trainers in stealth and information gathering, the 2 things Stray and Kitten were known for."

"Wait, so they were with the League of Shadows?" Wally asked. 

"They came home using the names the League gave them, Red Hood and Red Robin or the Reds." Barbra continued ignoring Wally's question. "Anyone with even the slightest connection to the League knew they had 2 choices. 1)Join them and live peacefully, or 2)Face the full wrath of the Reds"

"So, they had a strong influence?" Cassie asked.

"Yes, so strong in fact that no one questioned them when they went after Ra's and Talia," Batgirl said matter of factly.

The team's jaws dropped hearing that. Just then realizing just how dangerous those two are. Also realizing they are lucky to even be alive right now.

"Now they run the League of Shadows, but that is not common knowledge. Who knows who the public believes is running the Shadows now?" Batgirl asked.

"Um, Artemis and Roy mentioned a Lady Shiva," Wally answered hesitantly.

"That is right. Lady Shiva, the woman who trained them and protected them from the Al Ghuls, is in charge when they are not there," Batgirl says. "All of the Bats that have joined our ranks since have personally been trained by the Reds. Wing and I have also trained with them. They don't believe in killing unless you do something really bad like murder children or kill 100 people, no matter why."

"Cool! Scary, but cool," Gar calls out.

"Yeah, why haven't we trained with them?" Bart called out.

"I'll get there, but first, who would you say is the most dangerous of the 2?"

"I'd have to say, Red Hood, just because he is built like Batman and fights like a Gotham street brawler," Conner says, everyone agreeing.

"We thought the same thing, that was our mistake," Batgirl says solemnly.

"Wait, what do you mean?" Wally asks scared.

"You see, Red Robin was the one to take over the League and leads them from the shadows. Rumors are he slowly isolated the Al Ghuls then blackmailed them into leaving the League or he would cripple the League and start anew. He had so many supporters both in and out of the League that he could have done it. Red trains all their spies, but he is known for training spies sent to infiltrate any political or high functioning part of society." Batgirl explains. 

"Why does he train those spies?" Megan asks.

"He was born in a high society family and he had to know how to act at the events before he was even a year old and he has an eidetic memory, so he only needed to be told once," Batgirl explains. "He also made a serum that awakens our primal instincts to destroy anything that hurts or threatens our family. Everyone in the League of Shadows is given a dose before a mission to ensure they don't have any casualties. That in of itself gains him respect every day. He is the most dangerous person we have ever faced."

"I can see that know, how did we not know this?" Wally asks.

"It is kept under wraps," Batgirl said calmly. "The League is also taught Hood is 'Alpha', their leader, and Red is 'Omega', the one they must protect."

"I heard Roy and Artemis say they had to meet Alpha and Omega to discuss a plan," Wally said.

"Well, that explains why they haven't answered their calls." Batgirl mummers under her breath walking away.

"Kaldur said something about going with them on a mission," Megan said.

"How far does their reach stretch?" Conner asks.

"And how much do they already know about us?" Cassie asks.