Chapter 4

Seconds later only the Bats were left standing. By the time the team came back to the fight was almost over. Batgirl was passed out against the wall and Nightwing was fighting the 2 targets. One larger than him and one smaller, both wearing red. They fought like they were one, covering each other's weaknesses and playing off the other's strengths. A slight adjustment to their fighting style and the other adjusted to compensate. They also fought like they knew how Nightwing fought, which was entirely possible. 

"You guys are lucky you had time to set up a more elaborate trap this time. It was going to be a test for you 2." Nightwing told the 2 while ducking a hit from the larger of the 2, who Wally recognized as Red Hood. 

"Really? This? A test? Don't make me laugh. You should know us better, Wing." Hood growled.

"But then, you guys got attacked by Ra's and his leftover followers, so we decided that we should let you have a little break," Wing continued like he hadn't heard him.

"You should know by now, Wing, I always have a plan and at least 50 backups." The shorter of the 2 said. Conner recognized him as the famous Red Robin.

"Hey Red," Hood said blocking a hit from Nightwing. "They are aware again."  

"Give them a few minutes before you start freaking out, Hood. Only 3 of them are even aware of the fight." Red Robin said barely dodging a hit. 

"That may be true, but you know Babs called in the girls," Hood warned.

"Your right, time to go," Red says then lands a nerve strike on Nightwing making him collapse. Hood caught him and started walking away with Nightwing over his shoulder.

"You coming, Red?" Hood asks stopping to look at him. 

"Give me a minute, Hood, I'm coming, stop your whining. Just telling our friends here, Goodnight." Red says smirking deviously while letting something fall from his hand.

All of a sudden the world went black, again, for everyone except the Reds. The last thing they hear is Red laughing at something Hood mumbled under his breath.

"Well, that was dramatic but so worth it," Hood said looking at Red again.

"I love being dramatic and I know you love when I am," Red said smiling over at Hood.

"True, now are coming?" Hood asked moving through the room and kicking some of the heroes along the way.

"First, let's leave a message," Red said grabbing 2 spray cans from a corner of the room. He wrote 2 words on the wall before turning to Hood. "Now I'm ready."

"You're going to tell her," Hood asks looking at the wall.

"Yeah, now she will have an idea of what to expect and she has a story to tell the team," Red reasoned.

"True, I hate leaving her in the dark," Hood agreed kicking Conner in the head as he walks away with Red following him.