Merlins End

Gwaine looked down at the big camp infront of him. He stood on a hill and looked down at the place where the army of the kindom of Azeroth was staying. It was dark and only a few lights were on. The bigest light came from a big tent in the middle of the camp. Gwaine presumed that that was the place Merlin was staying. Next to Gwaine stood a powerfull sorcerer. When they were planing a plan Gwaine found out that his name was Desmond, but Gwaine was to lazy to pronounce his whole name everytime, so he just called him Des. Gwaine could still feel the power rediate from Des and was scared that Merlin could feel it to. The plan was simple. Gwaine started walking to the tent and left Des behind. Gwained sneaked past the guards who stood at the entrance of the camp. And went straight to the tent Merlin was in. He opened the tent flap and saw Merlin sitting in his throne. 

Merlin was sitting in his throne. He was cleaned up and his ankle was healed because of Luther one of the most powerful sorcerer in this camp. Merlin was still deep in thought thinking about that awful feeling he felt. He wanted it gone and move on and never think of Arthur Pendragon ever again. But for some reason he couldn't. He kept feeling guilty? Did he really felt guilty? But how? he doesn't even know Arthur and he was the king of Camelot. The enemy! Merlin didnt know what to think. All his thoughts were messing with his head. Merlin was sick and tired of being alone and wanted just someone to talk to, so that the voices in his head would shut up. It was all to much for Merlin. He just wanted to scream. He was deep in thought when he heard the flap of his tent opening. He assumed it was just a servant. So he was actually shocked when he saw a knight of Camelot standing before him. Merlin recognized the knight. It was Gwaine. Merlin just sighed and waited for the knight to talk. ' Merlin I'm here to help.' spoke Gwaine in a soft voice. Gwaine slowly approached Merlin like he was an animal. But with one evil glare from Merlin Gwaine stopped walking. 'Help? With what? And you are going to help me? The drunk knight who can't even help a pathetic king. Said Merlin after laughing evil. Merlin could feel the anger starting to build up inside him. Gwaine could see the evil fire in Merlins eyes and Merlin had a evil smirk on his face. Gwaine wanted nothing more for the goofy smile to return on his former friend. Sudenly Merlins face turned to one of pure anger.'You're worthless. You really think you can help me? You're nothing! Did you hear me?! NOTHING! You can't even comprehend how powefull I am! Go back to your little dead king and cry about it! And leave me alone before you're gonna regret it. ' Screamed Merlin. Merlin didn't know why but it hurted to say those words to Gwaine, but why? 'How could you say that to Gwaine?' said the little voice in his head. Merlin wanted the voices to shut up. 'Shut up!Just ... Shut up! Merlin screamed and pulled at his own hair. Gwaine gave Merlin a worried look.  Sudenly memory's started to flowed back into Merlins mind. It hurted so much. Merlin looked up and saw that a man had entered the tent. Merlin fel of his throne and grabed his head. It felt like his head was going to explode. He wanted it to stop. ' Gwaine please stop. You're hurting me.' cried Merlin. Gwaine ran up to Merlin and held him in his arms. Merlin let out a scream and the whole camp began to shake. Merlins vision became blury. Everything was to loud and he felt the tears streaming down his face. He heard the man muttering a spell. It just hurted so much. 'Please make it stop.' Merlin wimpered. That was the last think he said before everythink went black. 

Gwaine could feel the tears on his face. He couldn't stand to see Merlin in so much pain. The plan was to distract Merlin so that he could't feel the power rediating from Des. Then Des would say a spell making the whole camp sleep and walk up to the tent and say the spell. Gwaine didn't know it would hurt that much. Merlin lay in his arms passed out. He looked up at Des and saw that he just finished the spell. ' And did it work?' said Gwaine hopefull. 'Yeah it worked.' relief spread through Gwaines body and he let out a breath he didn't even know he was holding. 'So everything is going to be good after this?' said Gwaine. Des chuckeled and smiled. 'yeah everything is going to be go-' Des face went white and was full of terror. A hand went up to his stomach and he looked down. Gwaine's smile diapeard when he saw that Des' hand was covered in blood. Des fell to his knees and then to the ground. Behind Des stood a man with a bloody knife in his hand. Gwaine let go of Merlin and took out his sword. He stabbed the guy and immediately went to Des' side. Des was shaking and still breathing. But Gwaine could see he didn't have much time left. 'Hey everything is going to be okay, remember?' Gwaine's eyes were full of tears. He didn't know Des for long but he considered him a friend. Des looked up to Gwaine and smiled. ' Think postive, I never have to go back to that cave.' Des chuckeled and Gwaine did to. ' I never told anyone why I was in that cave.''Des said between shaking breaths. 'You don't have to tell me.' ' No, but I want to.'  said Des getting weaker and weaker. And for the second time Gwaine met Des he looked in his eyes. They were still black, but he could see old memory's of Des' life. He could see a small boy who looked like younger Des. He was playing in a garden. Des' eyes were bright blue and one of the most beautifull things Gwaine ever saw. Then he noticed that the objects around young Des were floating through the air. A woman ran to Des and pulled him up and slapped him accros his face. The objects fell to the ground and the woman started screaming that he shouldn't use magic like that in the open. Des could't be older than six when this happened. Then he saw the shocked face that the woman had. There were townpeople who saw him using magic. The woman took Des' hand but it was to late. They ripped Des out of the woman's hand and Des started crying for his mother. Gwaine was suddenly back in the tent, but the scene shifted to something diffrent. Gwaine was in a forest. He saw little Des in a circle still crying. Around him were people saying things Gwaine didn't understand. Then Des started screaming. Gwaine saw that his blue eyes were full of pain and then he saw that his eyes began to change. They slowly started to turn black. Once they were fully black Des stopped screaming and fell to the ground. 

Gwaine was then in the cave he found Des. Gwaine saw then how little Des was trown into the cave with a letter. Des started slowy waking up. He stood up wanting to leave the place, when sudenly he couldn't walk any further. Something held him back. Des sat against a rock and read the letter while he cried. 

Gwaine was back to the tent again. He couldn't believe that happened to Des, but that also ment that he was stuck inside that cave for more than 15 years! Gwaine looked at Des who was still laying on the ground breathing heavy. ' I'm sorry.' said Gwaine sad. ' Don't be. I just wanted someone to know. Can you do me a favor?' Des looked up at Gwaine with pleading eyes. Then Gwaine noticed that his normal eyes were back. He could see the stuning blue. 'Yes, anything you want.' said Gwaine honest. 'Please don't leave me.' Des had tears in his eyes. 'I don't want to be alone.' Gwaine only noded. He was afraid what would come out if he opened his mouth. 

Then took Des his last breath.