The End

It's been one year. One year after Merlin left him. One year after his best friend left him. One year after his life fell apart. Arthur was on his horse looking for Merlin. After he woke up and found out Merlin left, he sended a search-party looking for Merlin right away. Arthur wanted Merlin back. He was a mess without Merlin. With Merlin gone he felt like a part of him was missing. Arthur hadn't smiled after Merlin left. Arthur was alone. Everyone gave up on Merlin but Arthur still had hope. Arthur then arrived at a clearing with a small house in the middle. Arthur's stomach growled but he already ate all his food. He went up to the house and jumped of his horse. He knocked on the door, but no one answerd. Arthur went to the back of the house where a small farm was. In the farm stood a man working hard. Arthur cleared his voice , letting the man know he was here. The man jumped and looked at Arthur with pure shock. That was when Arhthur noticed who the man was. It was Merlin. 

Merlin had a beard now. Arthur couldn't decide what he liked better, but that wasn't what stood out the most. Merlin's eyes were gold. With dark black bags under it like he hadn't slept in a year. Merlin eyes were still shining gold and wouldn't fade away. 'Hello Arthur' said Merlin in a hoarse voice, like he hadnt talked all year. What was probably true. Arthut didn't know what to say. After a year all Merlin said was hello. Arthur felt betrayed, because Merlin just left him. Arthur had no one. And he couldn't take the loneliness anymore. He needed Merlin. 'You said you'd always be there for me... so why weren't you there when i woke up? Why did you leave me? You promised to be by my side till the day you died. So what changed? 'said Arthur in a small voice. 'Every second I was in Camelot it hurted. Every where i looked I was reminded by the awful things I did.' Merlin said honest. 'We could have helped you. I could have helped you.' said Arthur. Then he saw anger in Merlin's gold eyes. It reminded him back to when Merlin was evil. The same fire was there. ' I don't need help! I just wanted the pain to stop!' A pot flew past Arthurs head. Then Arthur realised that Merlin didn't have control over his powers.' sorry, after Gwaine saved me I didn't have control over my powers anymore. Also explains the gold eyes. I can't take them away.' ' please come back.' said Arthur suddenly. 'No, sorry Arthur I won't. ' 'But why? Everyone misses you there.' said Arthur 'Don't you get it Arthur? There is no one who can miss me, because I killed them Arthur. I KILLED THEM AND IT WAS ALL MY FAULT!' Arthur flinched at Merlin's words. ' Did it ever occur to you that you hurted me too?' wispered Arthur. ' What?' Arthur spoke louder now. 'Did it ever occur to you that it hurted me when you left? You were my only friend. You still are. And you just left without saying a word and it hurted.  ' Arthur had tears in his eyes. 'So Merlin can you please just come back to Camelot? You don't even have to be my manservant, but just please come back. Arthur pleaded. ' After being alone for so long. You start thinking.' Merlin chuckled even though he didn't say anything funny.' You start asking yourself: Maybe I'm meant to be alone? Maybe everyone forgot about me? Maybe everyone moved on?' 'Do I look like I've moved on?' And for the first time in a year Merlin looked at Arthur. He really looked at him. And that's when Merlin saw that Arthur was a mess. His eyes were sad and sunken. He had messy hair and bags under his eyes. That's when Merlin cracked. He fell to the ground and cried. Arthur rushed to Merlin and hugged him. After some time Merlin looked up at Arthur and that is when Arthur noticed Merlin's eyes. They were back to their old selfs again. The bleu-grey eyes Arthur knew like his own. He laughed and Merlin looked at him confused. 'Ýour eyes are back.' Arthur said pointing at Merlin eyes. ' Really?' Merlin said with a big goofy smile, Arthur missed so much. He nodded and they hugged again. Tears escaped Arthur's eyes, but they weren't tears of sadness but of hapiness. Because then Arthur knew that he and Merlin would be alright. 

Merlin moved after that to a house just outside the city. Living in the city hurted to much. Arthur visited him often. Merlin looked up from his book when he heard a knock. He went to his door and opened it to see Arthur standing before him. He smiled and let him in. He got some water and made it hot with magic. A few months after Merlin left and Arthur found out about his magic. Made Arthur magic legal again. Merlin couldn't be happier when he heard the news. He setted down a cup of tea and Arthur started talking about his day.  While Arthur was excitetly talking about a new tornament. That's when Merlin knew:  He maybe wasn't okay now, but he knew for sure that he was going to be okay. 

Arthur and him were going to be okay.