Sneaking Around Friends and Enemies

Mistral

It was a rainy night in a local village with Qrow sitting at a table thinking about the last few months before a waitress place a glass of gin on his table. He looked at her and said "I didn't order this." She responded "On the house from the top floor." She gave him a wink before walking away. Qrow had a bemused smirk before grabbing the glass and walking upstairs to see how sister, Raven sitting at a table. He walked down and sat down in front of her. She had a small smile but she looked tired. "Qrow." She greeted and he responded "Raven. What brings you here?"

Raven took a sip of her drink before answering "I came to talk to you." Qrow was a bit surprised then pushed his glass away. "What's going on, sis?" Raven smiled a bit "I've been keeping an eye on Yang and my niece. While searching for the fucker that cut her arms off." Qrow nodded "I've been following them from a far. Those three guys don't seem right." Raven spoke "There's no records of them, nothing on them." Qrow stroked his chin "Could it be they're from Vlad's part?" Raven leaned back "It's possible." There was silence for a short while before Raven asked "Does she have it?" Qrow shook his head "As far as I know, she's still searching for it." Raven sighed and rubbed her eyes as all her fighting and searching have finally weighed on her. Qrow saw just how different everything was with his sister, gone was the cold hearted woman who only believed in the mindset of "The strong survive, the weak die"

Instead, she was worried for her family and was doing everything to find Yang's attacker. Qrow then asked "What are you going to do now?" Raven stood up and put a hand on her helmet "I'm going to sleep. Then keep looking out for that Taurus bastard and watch over Yang." Qrow spoke "Raven, you can't spread yourself apart like this. I'll look out for them, you find the asshole." Raven was surprised but appreciated it as she shook her head "Thanks Qrow, but I've been away from my own daughter for too long. I need to be there for her when the time is right." She pulled her katana out then slashed vertically, creating a portal and took one last look at her twin brother before walking through. Qrow heard a gasp and looked back to see the waitress shaking in fear with eyes wide open. He asked "Care to have a drink with me?"

----------------------------------------------

The next day, Qrow was still following the group from a far when he noticed extra footprints. He realized someone else was following them, and it couldn't be Raven. Qrow quickened his pace to catch up.

Ruby and her friends along with Trevor's trio and their prisoner, Mercury were nowhere near Haven Academy, by their count, it would take approximately two to three more weeks before they saw the city. The group were walking down a trail that lead to an abandoned village. The village looked recently attacked with black smoke rising from the destroyed buildings. Ruby looked around before laying her eyes on a huntsmen. There were four long cuts on his side and blood pooled from his mouth. Ruby ran towards him along with Ren and Jaune. Yang, Pyrrha, and Nora started looking around the building for anymore survivors. "What happened?" Ruby asked as her eye scanned his body to show the damage the claws had done, he had little time left. "Grimm... Attacked, and bandits joined in, but they... They fought back against the Grimm... It wasn't enough." The huntsman coughed and blood spilled from his mouth more. The Huntsman reached into his pocket before pulling out a family picture of him with a young girl and a beautiful woman. He spoke "Give this... To Garnet... My wife. Tell her I always loved her..." He looked at the young huntsman and huntresses before him before taking one last breath and fell into the Eternal Sleep. Trevor looked at the dead huntsman's  weapon before picking it up and placing it in his hands to give him a warrior's rest as it was respectful to let a warrior rest with his weapon in hand.