Chapter 2

Don't mind me putting katsuki photos on the top *whistles*
======================
After the long and boring lecture from Present Mic, the students finally got to go for the tests. Sumiko was in group A as shown on the card. As they made their way over to the arena, Sumiko briefly glanced at all the other applicants. Some looked like easy obstacles while others looked menacing. To her, the only challenge was the ash-blonde male. Sparks occasionally flickered in his palms as he clenched them.

At Present Mic's signal, everyone dashed forward. A robot then jumped out in front of Sumiko. She easily made use of her Quirk by aiming her hand towards the robot, to which crystals shot out and pierced through it. When the parts of the robot fell apart, the crystals shimmered away.

After tearing apart robot by robot, Sumiko noticed the male blasting apart many robots. Many parts were sent flying and nearly hitting other applicants. On reflex, Sumiko created some crystals to prevent the parts from hitting the more oblivious ones. Some of her time was consumed from protecting the others which led her to panic. She turned the floor into a crystal path, sliding forward—a technique Shouto taught her. Since her crystals could disintegrate, she does not need to crystallise the whole arena's floor. With that method, she can attack more robots along her way. Time was running short, and her energy was starting to drain away.

Suddenly, the ground rumbled, causing her crystals to shatter and making her come to an abrupt stop. A humongous robot emerged from the middle of the arena. Applicants started fleeing and the robot continued moving towards them. As if on cue, Sumiko used her quirk to make a giant javeline, which pierced through the robot and immobilising it. The ash-blonde male use his explosions, and destroyed it.

Realising that the crystals had given him a boost, he turned back to see the caster panting. He let a 'tch' slip out of his mouth as he was never too good at expressing his thanks. Jumping away, he took one last glance at the girl who was still taking ragged breaths.

Sumiko realised she used too much of her crystals, which caused her to feel her energy slipping away.

"W-Water..." Sumiko breathed, barely audible.

She stood there for awhile, which felt like ages to her. Just as she felt her legs giving away, Present Mic yelled, "TIMES UP!"

Sumiko breathed a sigh of relief before collapsing on the floor.

======================
I really apologise for my writing. I am really not very good at expressing my thoughts. If you are reading this, thank you. You mean a lot.