Chapter 5

During lunch, Sumiko silently walked out of the classroom. Though she kept her emotions internal, Sumiko was really excited about spending Lunch with Shouto, having a small spring in her steps as she walked. Quickly, she sped across the hallway and down the stairs to the cafeteria. Finally, she spotted her cousin, sitting alone and slurping on a bowl of cold soba. With a small smile creeping to her lips, she stealthily sneaked behind Shouto and patted his head. Without any hints of shock, he responded, "Hello, Sumi-chan."

She went over to sit on the opposite side from him and groaned, "Jeez, you're no fun."

With a shrug, the boy went back to savouring his meal.

"Made any friends?"

He didn't bother to look up but still shook his head. After chewing on some strands of soba, he asked, "You?"

"Well, they came to me first. 1B seems very friendly, that is, for the girls. The boys are much... different."

Shouto finally looked up and gave her a questioning look. Sumiko just shrugged. She took out her water bottle and started sipping.

"Anyone caught your attention?" Sumiko asked as she placed her bottle on the table.

"There are some. There's a girl, amongst the Recommended bunch. I think she'd be a good companion for you," Shouto started.

Sumiko raised her eyebrow, the action suggesting curiosity, suspicion and the urge for him to continue.

"There's also a green-haired boy. He apparently breaks his bones when using his Quirk. Another one is a hot-tempered boy. Seems like his Quirk is Explosions, and has a grudge on Midoriya," shouto continued, "the green-haired boy." And he went back to slurping the grey noodles.

Explosions, huh. The vague description was enough for Sumiko to confirm that it is the guy from the entrance exam. It's no surprise that he got in.

Sumiko continued sipping her water as thoughts flowed through her mind. Suddenly, a familiar voice brought her back to reality.

"Hamasaki-san! There you are."

Said girl looked up to see Kendo beaming at her.

"Ooh, is he from 1A?"

Sumiko nodded before glancing at Shouto. He gave her an approving look before the former replied, "Yeah."

"Ah, okay. Sorry for disturbing your meal!" Kendo apologised before bowing at them.

"It's okay, we're almost finishing anyways," Sumiko said as Shouto stood up to return his utensils.

"Okay then! So..." Kendo proceeded to talk to Sumiko about class stuff as they went over to where their classmates were at.

Deep down, Sumiko knew that she wanted to hang around with Shouto more.
======================
I apologise for the long wait! I hope this chapter could make up for it even though I know it won't. It's quite a short chapter :P
~𝕝𝕒𝕣𝕖𝟚𝟟𝟚𝟠