Chapter 4

Throwing her backpack over her shoulder, Sumiko hurriedly slid her feet into her black shoes. She yelled a quick 'goodbye' to Yuki, and was off. She spotted Shouto at the train station and ran over. Sumiko grinned as she exclaimed, "Good morning, Shouto!"

Shouto turned around to see his cousin beaming at him. "Good morning to you too, Sumi-chan. I see you made it into UA."

Sumiko nodded enthusiastically. She really hoped she was in the same class as Shouto.

"So, what class are you in, Shouto?"

"1A."

Her stomach dropped instantly. Sumiko was in 1B. Now she had to go through the trouble of making friends. Sumiko always had trouble making friends since she wasn't sociable. She spent her childhood alone due to her anti-social attitude. Her parents' upbringing also caused her to have trust issues. She sighed.

"The train's here, let's go," Shouto said, snapping Sumiko out of her train of thoughts.

Both of them got into the train and left for UA high.

[time skip cause this author has not much ideas]
[editor : 😔]

"Woah!" Sumiko exclaimed as they stood at the main gates of UA High.

"Haven't you seen this already," Shouto said, looking towards Sumiko.

"But now that we're officially students, this hits differently," Sumiko stated.

Shouto sighed, mumbling something along the lines of still being childish. He then walked towards the entrance. Sumiko followed him. As they entered the school, she started fidgeting. The thought of her having to go through life in UA without friends made her nervous. She fumbled with the hem of her uniform as they walked up another flight of stairs. Shouto's keen eye noticed her small actions and soothed, "Don't worry, I'm sure you'll make friends this time."

Sumiko looked up at Shouto and flashed a nervous smile. "I hope so."

After walking past a few doors, they made it to 1A.

"Here's my stop. I guess I'll see you during lunch," Shouto said, looking over at Sumiko.

Sumiko nodded. "Don't be so cold to everyone, alright?"

Shouto sighed and patted Sumiko's head before walking in. Sumiko then made her way over to 1B, which was thankfully close to 1A. Without Shouto beside her, Sumiko felt lonely. Without any pillar of support beside her made her feel scared. She knew she had to go through this soon, so she took one big breath and walked into her classroom. Looking around, she realised that many of the 1B students looked quite friendly. That is, for the girls. The boys looked more intimidating to Sumiko. She took her seat which was thankfully at the back of the class.

"Hey there!" a ginger female walked up to Sumiko, "I'm Itsuka Kendo, nice to meet you."

Her warm smile made Sumiko's worries disappear. But then, she feared it was all just a facade.

"Sumiko Hamasaki," Sumiko mumbled.

Kendo's smiled stretched even further, which surprised Sumiko because she didn't think her lips could stretch any further.

"What's your quirk?" Kendo asked, trying to keep the conversation going.

"Crystallisation," Sumiko said.

Kendo sweat-dropped at the other's monotonous tone and deadpan reply. "Uh, okay. Well, I hope to be great friends with you!"

Sumiko stared at Kendo for a moment before blurting out, "Why me?"

Kendo seemed taken aback by that question but still said, "You're a part of 1B! We should all be friends!"

'Huh,' Sumiko thought. "Alright then, suit yourself."

Kendo then pulled Sumiko over to a group of people.

"Hamasaki-san! Let me introduce you to some friends I made. This is Neito Monoma, that's Ibara Shiozaki and that's Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu! Guys, this is Sumiko Hamasaki," Kendo introduced.

"H-Hi," Sumiko stuttered, a little surprised by the sudden interaction.

"Hey there!" the boy, who was claimed to be Tetsutetsu, exclaimed.

"Good morning to you," the girl, Ibara Shiozaki, politely greeted.

Monoma just smirked and said, "Oh, isn't that famous company's family name also Hamasaki?"

Sumiko creased her eyebrow as she clenched her fists.

"Oh, is that so. I'm sure it's a coincidence," Sumiko replied, eyes averting their gazes. Sumiko's parents didn't like others knowing about Sumiko's existence, that's why people don't know about Yuki having a younger sister.

Monoma questioned further, "Are you sure?"

"Okay, stop it, Monoma," Kendo decided to cut in.

Sumiko gritted her teeth as she could feel herself developing some kind of hatred towards the platinum-blonde.

"Alright, alright. I'm sorry," Monoma apologised, looking towards Sumiko. She could sense some sincerity residing in his words, and decided to let him off.

Their friendship was gonna be a fairly interesting one.

======================
Kinda long chapter. I hope you enjoy this 3-chapter up spree! If you are still here, thank you!