- FIVE

"WHY'S SHE HERE?" Beth hissed as Jade, reluctantly, walked in her front door behind Rio

"She's your new boss," Rio nonchalantly explained, "Maybe if y'all hadn't fucked up so hard, she wouldn't have to be here."

"How did we fuck up?" Annie argued, "Yeah! Maybe one of the guys lost the money a-and someone didn't use the cash b-but"

"B-b-b-but," Jade teased Annie, "He asked you all for a name and you didn't give it to him."

Turns out their little shoppers club hadn't quite worked. Someone had returned the fake cash instead of 'washing.' Rio was infuriated.

Rio stood proudly by Jade, "You heard her. And, Beth... Oh, Beth. You said you had it handled."

"We-We'll handle it," Beth answered, a different tense to what Rio was told.

In a panic, Beth ended up pointing at Jade, "You don't think it's important she works for the FBI? That she can be so close to this?"

Rio looked between Ruby and Annie for anything else they wanted to try and stick, "I mean, we saw like files and stuff."

Jade took a deep breath, glancing at Rio, "You can go, I've got these ones handled."

"I'm sure you do," Rio smirked at her, making sure to lock eyes.

Releasing her crossed arms, Jade begun, "Alright where the fuck do you keep the stash?"

"There's children outside! Language!" Beth screeched. That only influenced Jade more.

"I'm sorry, can I verify the fucking whereabouts of the money you're supposed to clean?" She remarked, this time slamming her hands on the table to intimidate them.

And they clearly had no idea what the fuck they were doing. It made Jade feel even better about helping Rio out, that maybe her new plan would work; make her own dirt pile on Rio and leverage it with Turner.

She just wanted Rio locked up. She needed him to be locked up.

Beth began walking over to the kitchen cupboard where she started to pull out boxes of cereal.

Jade's eyes widened at the sight, "You're kidding right?"

"I thought you wanted to see it," Ruby replied.

"My God, I've seen enough," Jade facepalmed herself. She analysed the table infront of her though, noticing an envelope, "So let me guess, the rogue worker's Mary Pat?"

"How does she know that?" Annie shrieked, "Is she psychic?"

"No, you just pulled out an envelope that literally says Mary Pat on it," Jade said, snatching the envelope before Beth's fingertips could even reach it. Inside was about $10,000. They fell for a blackmail scheme.

"So, when are you guys supposedly doing this?" Jade questioned, Beth letting out a breath, "Later today. W-We were going to hand it to her in a shopping bag."

"I'm coming with you guys, I'll need to see how you operate," Jade shrugged, "And how to fix the mess you've made."

"Is it necessary? What's the harm in giving Mary the cut, at least Rio won't kill her," Ruby pouted, "Shouldn't his fix it?"

"Kill her?" Jade laughed in their faces, "Rio's gonna do more than kill her, shit I'm surprised he hasn't killed one of you yet over it. And Mary Pat? You don't give a blackmailer what they want, they'll just want more."

Jade locked eyes with Beth, "Well, that's a lie. I know Rio's pattern, I'd bet it's you, isn't it?"

"Pardon?"

"You hooked up with him, didn't you?" Jade tilted her head, "Don't worry about it, it's a good insurance policy for you right now. Better think of something else though, 'cus I'm sticking around."

"How come Rio hasn't killed you yet?"

"He wouldn't dare to try, sweetheart."