taking back sunday.

- Ashton -

My throat was stinging when I woke up. I couldn't swallow without wanting to cry. God, I hope I'm not sick. I felt someone move next to me, making me realize Luke was still here. I snuggled up into him, pulling the blanket up to my neck. I swallowed, and felt tears well up in my eyes.

"Hey, Ash, you up?" I heard Luke say. His voice was deep and rough, as he just woke up. I nodded, looking up at him. 

"Awe, babe, what's wrong?" He asked, stroking the side of my face with his thumb. I guess I actually started crying from how much it hurt.

"My throat hurts." I said, laying my head on his chest. He started rubbing my back, making random shapes with his fingers.

"Here, look at me." He said. When I did, we put his hand on my forehead.

"You're burning up, sweetie." He said. I groaned, flopping face down onto a pillow.

"I hate my life." I said. My voice was muffled from the pillow. I heard Luke laugh, then I felt him kiss my shoulder.

"So do you want to stay in bed all day?" He asked. I turned around to face him.

"No. I will fight this sickness!" I yelled. Luke laughed, and I swallowed and started crying again. 

"Does it hurt that bad?" He asked, putting a hand on my thigh. I nodded.

"Maybe we should take a trip to the doctor's office." He said. 

"Ew, no. I hate doctors." I replied. 

"You don't have a choice. Come on." He said, grabbing my arms and pulling them. I stayed still, just letting him move me. 

"I'm not moving." I said. He looked at me for a second before picking me up bridal style. I didn't fight it. He brought me out of the bed and sat me down in front of my closet.

"Get some clothes to wear." He said. I just grabbed a Bring Me The Horizon sweater and put on a pair of sweats. I grabbed my converse and put them on.

"Done." I said, laying on the floor. Luke just had shoes and a pair of jeans on; no shirt. He grabbed a Nirvana shirt and threw it on.

"You're driving." I said, standing up and following him out the door.

"I know. You wouldn't drive to the doctor's anyways. You'd just go to get ice cream." He said as we exited the house.

"That's just as good as the doctor's office." I said, opening the car door an getting in. I buckled my seat belt then sent my mum a quick text so she'd know where I was. 

The car ride was quiet, since my throat was hurting too much and Luke was singing. I loved it when he sang. He had a really good voice.

"We're here." Luke announced as we pulled in. I just blew air out of my nose, since talking kind of hurt. We both got out of the car. I grabbed Luke's hand and squeezed it, since I was nervous. I didn't want to go because I didn't want them to confirm me being sick.

Luke went up to sign me in, and I went and saved our seats. Once he came back, I laid my head on his shoulder while he played games on his phone. I also had to answer a list of questions.

"Ashton Irwin." A lady called. I stood up, grabbing Luke's hand to bring him with me. The lady looked like she was about to say something, but I stopped her.

"Please." I said. She smiled and nodded. They measured my height, which was 5'11. Then she weighed me. I was 129. 

"Is that low?" Luke asked, pointing to my weight that she had written down. 

"The average weight for someone your height is 136 to 172. It's not severe, so there's nothing to worry about, as you answered right here that you have normal eating habits." She said. Luke nodded along with her, but I just kept my head on Luke's shoulder. I felt like death.

She guided us to the room the appointment would be in. I just laid down on the bed as soon as we got in. Luke sat in a chair, and the lady left us alone to wait for the doctor.

"Hey, come here." Luke said when she left. I sat up and looked at him. He patted his thighs, and I got up and sat on his lap. He leaned back, and I leaned my head on his chest.

"How do you feel?" He asked.

"Like hell." I answered. We just sat like that until the doctor came in and asked me to sit on the bed. 

"What seems to be the problem?" He asked. I just gestured to my throat, and he nodded. He asked more questions, which were yes or no, so I just nodded or shook my head. 

He had me stick out my tongue and say 'ah' while he shined a flashlight on my throat. He stuck a wooden stick on my tongue, and I gagged twice. 

"Well, Ashton, it just seems you have strep throat. It should only last 3 or 4 days, but stay home from school those days, since people are already getting sick with winter making its way." He said. I nodded, mentally groaning. He gave me some medicine and we left.

"I hated every second of that." I said, leaning back in the seat of the car, sitting the bag with medicine next to me. 

"Hey, on the bright side, your medicine is bubblegum flavoured." Luke said. I nodded.

"I can see your point there." I said, laughing.

We talked for the rest of the car ride. Once we got home, we had a race to the front door, and I won since Luke tripped in the grass. We entered my house and went up to my room.

"Ugh, you probably need to leave so you don't get sick." I said, pouting. Luke nodded, pouting with me. He started gathering up his stuff, which was just clothes and his phone charger.

"I wanna kiss you goodbye but I can't." I said. 

"You being sick won't stop me." He said, smiling. I smiled, too, and let him kiss me. Our lips moved perfectly together. He fell back on the bed, pulling me down with him. He grabbed the back of my neck and pulled my lips back to his. His hands were on my waist, but one slipped to my ass as he grabbed it. I pulled away, resting my forehead on his.

"You're gonna get sick." I whispered. He let out a breath.

"Worth it."

~

insomniashton: ugh i won't get to see you tomorrow ))):

luke_is_a_penguin: i know )): did you take your medicine?

insomniashton: yeah. i think i'm gonna go to bed (: 

luke_is_a_penguin: will you give me a band first? ...it's tradition...

insomniashton: of course.

insomniashton: tonight alive?

luke_is_a_penguin: love them

insomniashton: taking back sunday?

luke_is_a_penguin: noooo???

insomniashton: link 

I sent him the link to Make Damn Sure by Taking Back Sunday. The music video starts out really weird, but then it ties itself together. It's like disasters creating the world we have now. At least that's what I thought.

luke_is_a_penguin: i liked it

insomniashton: yay. i'm tired. goodnight. i love you.

luke_is_a_penguin: i love you, too, sweetheart.

~