Chapter Seven

Nate

~Bad Wolves-Killing Me Slowly~

Fuck.

I had to get out of here.

Now.

I'd salvaged my friendship with Jillian but what the fuck had I just gotten myself into? There was a reason I didn't do relationships with women; they demand more than I was willing to give. And, fuck, I'd just thrown all my rules out the window for Jillian. I hadn't been able to stop myself when she'd pushed me for more. Christ, I'd just gone in there to say sorry, but somehow she'd found a way to break my resolve. Up until now we'd just been casual friends; now it felt like we'd gone past that boundary.

I'd hightailed it out of there pretty damn fast and was now at a loss as to what to do. I'd planned on kicking back at the club tonight, but I needed to put some distance between me and Jillian. I was heading towards the front door to leave when a blonde approached. Her hand snaked out and landed on my chest. "Nate, where are you going?" she purred.

My dick stirred but I wasn't interested. What the fuck? She was hot and just what I needed tonight, but I wasn't feeling it. "Heading home, babe," I replied as I removed her hand.

She wiggled her hand out of my grasp, and went in to the grope. I still didn't want her, and pushed her hand away. "Sorry darlin', I'm not interested tonight."

Her eyes widened in surprise. "You're always interested. I've never heard of you saying no."

She said it like an accusation and my dick certainly took it as one. You're fucking letting the team down here, he screamed at me.

"Yeah well, not tonight. I've got other things to take care of tonight," I muttered. Like a stern talking to myself about rejecting women who clearly wanted to be fucked.

"I could come over after you're finished with that," she offered.

Christ, couldn't a man say no in peace? I wouldn't know because I'd never done it but surely there were men who did that all the time. I changed tactics. Smiling lazily at her, I suggested, "Not tonight, darlin' but maybe another time."

She moved closer to me and rested her palm on my chest again. "Well that would be fun too, but I'd really like you to fuck me tonight. I've heard ah-may-zing things about your talents."

Fuck me! This chick had it all happening and was all over me, and I still felt no desire to go there with her. My mind went into overdrive; what the hell caused this shit to happen to a man?

In my twenty-nine years, I'd never once had lack of interest issues.

I started to move away from her when a hand curled around my bicep and a warm body pushed itself into my front.

"Nate is with me tonight. Sorry, Hun."

And at that sultry voice, my desire jumped to attention.

Jillian.